Join now - be part of our community!

Product Reviews

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Product Reviews

Hi,

I have a question. Where are the actual written product reviews by customers ? I have been requested by email to write reviews for Sony products that I have registered, there is a simple "score out of 10" for various features but also a comments box to write what I would call a proper review. When I look at products with reviews on the Sony UK website there are the number of reviews quoted but upon opening the link all you get to see is the sum of the "score out of 10" features (in the form of coloured bands). I cannot fathom how to see the individual written reviews as you would expect - anyone know where they are ??

If it ain't broke don't fix it
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Im going to use the example of the STR-DN1040 AV Receiver (as I know there are reviews for it).  If I look for this device, in the reviews section, there is a button called "See All Reviews" underneath the scorings.  It then leads me to the following page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/av-receivers/str-dn1040/reviews-ratings

of which I can read the reviews - with a "show more" option for the longer ones.

Which device are you referring to?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi there my new friend !

The product I tried was random: BDV-N7100W

It has 8 reviews and I tried the "See All Reviews" button but still no joy. I have since tried the 4K televisions and your link which do actually work. You know what, it may be because I am using an old browser on a work  (oops)  - IE 8 - which is actually not supported by Sony website so it may be my fault :clown:

I suppose you could check that out and see if it works for you ? Otherwise I shall have to remember this issue and browse product reviews at home  on a current browser !

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be worse, you could have said 'old friend' and make me feel really old :grin:

Took a screenshot of the BDV-N7100W - to proove its their

BDV-N7100W.jpg

With a direct-link:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems/bdv-n7100w-n7100wl/reviews-ratings

I would assume that the only ones using IE8 now would be a government dept, probably the NHS (hates change, but has proprietry products that rely on IE8)  - Am I close?

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Yeah, I get the see all reviews button but when I click on it it opens another window with the same information but no button - could be a glitch or could be my browser.....

Regarding the other, gave it away in our favourite thread  "Sony X9005A Owners & Netflix 4k/HEVC Codec" page 5, and I think it's thought of as adequate as we do not rely on internet browsing to do our job !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, yes

Its funny, somethings I can remember, other things I cannot (LOL) 

Work just gets in the way of having fun :grin: