Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 competition

Amanda_jh
Explorer

PS4 competition

:slight_smile:

Hello, I entered the PS4 competition, actually won (shock!!).... So I sent off my stuff and I have not heard anything.

I have tried to use the "contact us" form but it keeps crashing out no matter which computer/browser I am using... 

Does anyone have an email address to contact them?

Thanking you in advance xx

286 REPLIES 286
guswilso
Explorer

@plneedham wrote:

I, too, am in the same position as many of you despite Quinnicus's best efforts. The excuse I've been given is that my receipt from Argos doesn't state the model number. I don't see how a retailer's receipt ipolicy is relevant when it states its a Sony 42 inch tv and I have the model code etc from the actual tv to prove it. I've already reported it to Watchdog and would encourage others to. The link is as follows and after many many months of frustrations what have you got to lose:

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Good luck everyone!

Plneedham

Contacted

Amo_Singh
Explorer

All Wednesday morning had a knock on the door and finally the damn thing arrived.  I would advise anyone to speak to UK Customer Relations.  (Not Overseas)  The lady i spoke to has been good, she would update me weekly and reply to any emails that i would send.  I also complained via the facebook and Twitter accounts to make a bit of noise.

I have also been offered compensation for all the phone calls and weekly chasing that I have done.  Literally had a reminder on my phone to email them and follow it up with a verbal conversation every 3-4 weeks.  

Sounds silly and I have wasted alot of time on this, but worth it now.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guswilso 

Hi there

No - I am not an employee of Sony, not even an affliante of them either.  Just one of you guys who has been trying my best to wring as much information out of my contacts within Sony as possible.  Unfortunately its been...... well difficult.

Cheers

Shaun.bell

Hi Quinnicus

We all appreciate your efforts. It would seem Sony are aware of the problem but...

It is a little worrying that some are now told after waiting they have not won ...have £100 instead. For many winning felt good, a bit of fortune coming your way and and then Sony appear to shatter that feeling with their approach.  At least for me it is more than just gaining a console, it was the joy of being on a winning streak. A case of feeling good with the world and now the opposite.

I am certain all companies do not see this emotional rollercoaster or give it a second thought. My boys are a daily reminder that Sony are yet to pull their finger out. Nothing good is coming out of this situation. The Father-in-law loves our TV but bought a rival make because he doesnt trust Sony would honour a warranty if needed. Every time my boys relate this story it is another potential customer left with doubt. 

Once again thank you for the time put into this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.  :slight_smile:

I understand and appreciate what you have said and the emotional roller-coaster ride.  If only I could show you some of my communications to Sony, you could see how hard I have pushed them, to the point of being more agressive than assertive. 

Sony have been aware of certain issues with the competition - thats why the compensation has been offered.  However, as I am not privelledged to all the details, its hard to know why certain individual claims have been rejected and on what basis.

Cheers

Shaun.bell

No worries

It just baffles me that Sony would push a promotion like this then…give up on it. I keep saying I am not chasing this for me but for my two lads. To 10 and 13 year olds consoles are their world…to me its another point of aggro! Looking at a friends new car they noticed a Sony radio and exclaimed Eurgh, Sony! I fear Sony have shot themselves in the foot with this section gaining over 2000 views and the negative vibes its giving.

I still recall my first Sony Walkman and the wow factor, the same with the first Playstation in my own gaming years and more recently the Bravia TV. However all this will count for nothing with the lads, the TV is just another TV, the Walkman a thing of the past and the Playstation…well we may never know.

Thanks for the morale support
rpalmer83
Explorer

I'm stepping this up. Until someone direct from sony acknowledges this thread & deals with the complaints and concerns that have been raised regarding this promotion & get my PS4 sent out I will be posting everyday to their Facebook page & quoting them in tweets along with BBC Watchdog linking to this thread. So the world can see Sonys ignorance towards consumers.

If they want me to email in my proof of purchase documents again I will when they contact me and i'm dealing with someone who is capable of acting. Not Mustafa in customer service who does nothing & can barely string a sentence of English together.

If anyone else wants to do the same their Facebook page is Sony UK, Twitter accounts @SonyUK @playstationuk

Watchdog is @bbcwatchdog

Don't forget to link this thread into all posts and complaints. This way we might have a fighting chance of Sony actually listening!.
rpalmer83
Explorer

Following my comments yesterday and linking this thread on facebook and Twitter to Sony support they replied to my tweets and Facebook page comments and asked me to attach receipts and the participation document in a private message which I have now done and they have said they will pass them on to 'customer services' and they will be in touch.

Given that this has been said countless times before via emails about things being escalated & people getting in touch with nothing materialising they have until 5PM Monday to contact me or I shall be making similar posts again via the social networking channels until progress is made.

Shaun.bell

I had a facebook message apologising and they were bringing to the attention of the customer servive department...and yep is now escalated. It has been in the position for 4 months now. The worst was yesterday when my wife called them and  asked for the person who should have phoned us back she was told she was busy and I would have a call back by six...didnt happen! The worst was her having a rant at them, including asking if they had children who would be dissappointed, only to hear  laughter in the background. Was she on loud speaker? Is this one big joke to Sony? I returned home from work and she was visibly shaking with anger when recalling the experience. 

If I carried on like this at work I would be removed from my post. 

guswilso
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

@guswilso 

Hi there

No - I am not an employee of Sony, not even an affliante of them either.  Just one of you guys who has been trying my best to wring as much information out of my contacts within Sony as possible.  Unfortunately its been...... well difficult.

Cheers

Wow, Kudos to you Quinnicus, for helping then. I hope you get some results. unfortunatley it seems I'll be having to go the court route. No reply from them yet to my letter.

As far as i can tell they have breached the following in their terms and conditions Article 8:

In the event of an incomplete claim, the winner will be informed via letter or email and he/she will be given a deadline of (ten) 10 calendar days in which to resolve any issues and to send a new claim that meets these requirements.

In case of any questions, participants may contact: www.sony.co.uk/support/en/campaigns/fifa/Contact

This contact page couldn't be used as it was broken, and even when contacted no one from Sony or the represenitives of the competiton gave me the chance to sort out my claim,  seems the same for many of us.

Also in the terms and conditions Article 3 they state: 

This Competition is subject to the applicable national regulations transposed from Directive 2005/29/EC, of 11 May 2005,

Well that 2005/29/EC directive states in Annex I :

ANNEX I

COMMERCIAL PRACTICES WHICH ARE IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

CONSIDERED UNFAIR

Misleading commercial practices

19. Claiming in a commercial practice to offer a competition or prize promotion without awarding the prizes described or

a reasonable equivalent.

31. Creating the false impression that the consumer has already won, will win, or will on doing a particular act win, a prize

or other equivalent benefit, when in fact either:

— there is no prize or other equivalent benefit,

or

— taking any action in relation to claiming the prize or other equivalent benefit is subject to the consumer paying

money or incurring a cost.

Well point 19 is obvious, and first part of 31, but also looking at second part of 31, would having to pay to send off the documents to this POBOX number constitue "the consumer having to occur a cost to claim the prize"? And if you had to make phone calls to try and sort this out then that could definitely be argued for.

So I think that amounts to a strong case against them.

Gus