Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 competition

Amanda_jh
Explorer

PS4 competition

:slight_smile:

Hello, I entered the PS4 competition, actually won (shock!!).... So I sent off my stuff and I have not heard anything.

I have tried to use the "contact us" form but it keeps crashing out no matter which computer/browser I am using... 

Does anyone have an email address to contact them?

Thanking you in advance xx

286 REPLIES 286
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaun.bell wrote:
The wrong product? Sorry don't understand that. I put in the codes and won! It came up with the tv I had bought too..

That is why more information is needed on what is going on - which I dont have yet.  You cannot win the PS4 without inputting the correct details....  I was in too minds to post that information, however I thought it was best to keep you informed on what progress has or hasnt been made.

Please bare with it - as its more than like either a system error or human error which can be resolved.

Cheers

Shaun.bell

Good morning sir
Thank you for your efforts. Thought you may be interested that softer contacting Sony we have a new development. ..After 5 months Mohamed kindly informs me that our case is under investigation. Why? We have been previously told to be patient and all is sorted it will be with you in 7 days...now...its under investigation?
I have finally asked if this was a fraudulent promotion? Although not the reason we chose a Bravia over all other tv's it did subconsciously add to our decision. Sony in our opinion was a respected cool brand but....
chrcanno
New

I too have been stitched up by Sony - I entered, won and then heard nothing. After chasing they told me they had lost the paperwork (which i sent recorded) Re-sent it and now going round in cirlces with nobody giving me an answer.

Am considering some form of complaint but unsure best route to take

Chris

Amo_Singh
Explorer

@chrcanno  - Hey not sure either, probably trading standards I would think.  

Sony did call me last week to say a new batch of PS4's will be issued shortly but did not confirm any timeframes.  Im not holding my breath either.  When speaking to UK customer services the only alternative they mentioned was a 'Discount off a new PS4' but they did not say how much of a discount this would be, as I was asking them to give me the money equvilent so i could just go out an purchase one..as i feel im not getting anywhere with them..

@Anonymous - Any update from your end?

Amo_Singh
Explorer

Just seen a mail from @Shaun.bell about us all contacting watchdog. See if that works..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, I have been informed as of today, that many PS4s will be shipped to you guys (as a large batch of PS4s have come in).  Unfortunately I do not know exactly who, but I am hoping that they are 'cleaning up this mess' (so to speak.  However, as soon as I hear information - I will pass it on.

Cheers

plneedham
Explorer

I, too, am in the same position as many of you despite Quinnicus's best efforts. The excuse I've been given is that my receipt from Argos doesn't state the model number. I don't see how a retailer's receipt ipolicy is relevant when it states its a Sony 42 inch tv and I have the model code etc from the actual tv to prove it. I've already reported it to Watchdog and would encourage others to. The link is as follows and after many many months of frustrations what have you got to lose:

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Good luck everyone!

Plneedham

rpalmer83
Explorer

The tracking page has now disappeared completely at:

https://www.tvpromo.sony.co.uk/tracking-authentication/

So you can't even check the status anymore. It's outrageous. Thanks for the link plneedham, I too will file a complaint to Watchdog and alert them to this thread so they can read through it. Unless this is resolved properly I certainly won't purchase anything from Sony again. How can a company go to so much trouble setting a promotion up, advertise it blatently then not be able to fulfil what was promised.

All well and good having a new batch of PS4's come in to send out, they should have been sat waiting ready to send out as soon as people won and sent their paperwork in. Its not like there is a shortage of PS4's, they aren't hard to find in retail outlets like they were when the console first launched.

guswilso
Explorer

Hi Everyone

I just discovered this thread and am sad to see others have had the same experience as me in regards to this fraudulant competion. 😞

I bought my TV begining of May and also "won" a PS4. I was a valid claimant and did all that was asked to qualify for this competition. I sent off all my documents to that PO BOX address but heard nothing. The only way to contact anyone was via their contact web page which was broken. (wouldn't accept my serial number)

So I went to SONY customer services and was told that I could submit my documets by email which I did (after many failed attemps), after that I was effectively ignored and every time I contacted them to enquire what was happening it was "they are still validating your claim". Then after over 5 Months (!) I receive one email about this competion, saying " I would not be getting my PS4" here's £100.

Of course I refused and said that I would be going to take this to the Small Claims court if they do not honour their end, as now Sony have breached their own terms and conditions and the EU consumer laws they mention within it.

I am quite shocked and disappointed by what Sony have done which is basically amounts to fraud on their customers.

I think going to BBC Watchdog is a good idea as they cant be allowed to get away with this. Who knows what other competions they are running with no intention of honouring.

Gus

guswilso
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Are you an employee of Sony? So they are sorting this out?

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi guys, I have been informed as of today, that many PS4s will be shipped to you guys (as a large batch of PS4s have come in).  Unfortunately I do not know exactly who, but I am hoping that they are 'cleaning up this mess' (so to speak.  However, as soon as I hear information - I will pass it on.

Cheers