Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 stuck in UPDATE

profile.country.GB.title
wicowan99
New

RDR-HXD890 stuck in UPDATE

Hi - In the last couple of days, I’ve been getting the same old problem of the EPG software not being saved properly on my 2 Sony RDR-HXD890s. While you can see the channels being downloaded, come the end the epg just ends up blank. I have also found other people with the same problem with their machines being stuck in UPDATE mode. While I can stop the update so that the machines can be switched off properly - how long will it be before the software is sorted out please?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi wicowan99, this issue was actually due to FreeView pushing a repair, and it's been resolved for most people. 

Try the below steps, if they didn't work, contact FreeView:

-Turn off the DVD/HDD recorder at the mains (i.e. remove the plug from the wall)
-Wait 30 seconds.
-Reconnect the power. The set may now work correctly.
However, in certain cases it may be necessary to carry out a full factory reset as follows
(Please note: this will return the product to its original out-of-box 'Easy Set Up' position, so you will need to set up the product as if it were new):
-Make sure the DVD/HDD recorder is turned 'on'. ( If the machine is "off" (in standby) and the stop button is pressed and held, the machine will go into "Locked" mode. To release "Locked" mode press and hold the stop key for 5 seconds.)
-Remove any DVD disc from the machine and close the drawer.
-Press and hold the "Stop" button, then press and release the "on/standby" button, then release the "Stop" button.
The product is then turned 'off' and all settings are reset to factory default, with all potentially corrupt 'tuning' and 'EPG' data removed.
-The remote may not function following reset. The remote code is returned to the default code 3. To change the remote to code 3 follow the instructions on page 149 of the user guide, headed Command mode. https://bit.ly/44hN2lX
-The DVD/HDD recorder will now need to be re-tuned and set up following the step-by-step on screen instructions.
Note: Choose "Digital Guide" rather than "Guide Plus" at the relevant stage of the set-up (Guide Plus is no longer broadcast).

profile.country.GB.title
wicowan99
New

Yes - everything sorted now thank you.

Sharob
Explorer

Hi hope this helps but I've just fixed my uncles RDR-HD890. 

Push Amy button and locked comes up . Also it was stuck on update once locked disappears after pushing any button ok?.  

Here's how to fix this...

1. Press and hold stop button for 6 to 7 seconds to unlock... 

2. Once locked is cleared, you'll be presented with update and pretty much nothing seems to work, at this point press and hold the play button for 6 to 7 seconds and this will activate the device. 

3. What I then did was to press and hold the power button for 6 to 7 seconds which shuts the system down completely then when you turn the device back on, it should all be working like my uncles is. 

Please let me know how you get on with this . 

Many thanks for various people's help on here as I used a little help always available to work this solution out . No need for factory reset or hard reset of any kind .