Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Smart TV's do not permit non Sony headphones to connect via Bluetooth

profile.country.GB.title
upperlittlecarr
Explorer

Sony Smart TV's do not permit non Sony headphones to connect via Bluetooth

Hello everyone. I believe that Sony currently illegally restricting non Sony Bluetooth headphones from associating with either Sony's own smart TV with Sony's own operating system or new smart TV range utilising the Android Operating System. I have tested a number of non Sony Bluetooth headsets with two Sony Smart TV's that I own and have failed to pair any including the Bose quiet comfort model. Pairing and association testing has also been carried out at Sony Shop in Leeds with the same results establisshing that all Sony Bluetooth headsets could be paired but no other models from any other manufacturers could be paired to the Smart TV in showroom. Under the requirement for open Bluetooth standards and full device interoperability, Sony would appear to be illegally restricting the pairing and subsequent association of non Sony Bluetooth headset devices to their TV's. I would welcome any feedback from other forum members concerning this issue in helping me decide my next course of action. Many thanks. Michael

0 REPLIES 0