Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Store Misleading

profile.country.en_GB.title
squonky2005
Visitor

Sony Store Misleading

Purchased an ereader on the online Sony Store. As I went to checkout, I was given the option of using my local Sony Centre or the Sony Store. If I bought from my local Sony Centre it states:

A Sony Centre Provides:  

guaranteed service            

special offers and discounts

Delivery or instore collection

I live 30 miles from my local Sony Centre and I liked the fact that they would deliver my ereader rather than having it sent from a large distribution centre miles away where there was a greater chance of accidental damage occurring to the package.

So I chose my local Sony Centre. The price was slightly dearer than Sony Store, but it was only a £1 and I could take it back to the Sony Centre if it was broken.

HOW WRONG COULD A PERSON BE AND HOW EASILY DUPED!!!!!!!!

The ereader WAS damaged on delivery, so I rang my local Sony Centre who said It would be collected and a new ereader sent. NOT from my local Sony Centre but from the same distribution centre as the Sony Store.

So I paid an extra £1 for exactly the same service as the Sony Store.

NICE ONE SONY...you get £129 and Sony Centre gets £1 and I lose out for exactly the same service from both.

Not surprisingly I have asked for a full refund and and told Sony to get lost. Searched web and found one for £126 at Debenham's Plus with free delivery.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
flogger12345
Visitor

This could just be an honest mistake. It's good that you got your refund but I would give them another chance.

Visitor

I haven't got my refund yet. Sony are not collecting the broken ereader for 4 days. Then they will examine the damaged item, even though the courier has admitted its own guilt by trying to tape up the package with it's own tape; and I sent photographs. Only then will they give me a refund or a replacement.

So I would have been waiting for a replacement for 5 or 6 days.

See what I mean about using the local Sony Centre. I would have received a replacement almost immediately.

Sorry, but Sony are not getting another chance and I am writing a complaint to the managing director and also to the trading standards authority about their misleading web shop.

Message was edited by: squonky2005

Message was edited by: squonky2005