Join now - be part of our community!

Sony stores in liquidation

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Panto12
Visitor

Sony stores in liquidation

Hi,  I purchased a network media player and accessories from a Sony centre in Redditch.  I purchased this as a present which is unwanted.  I tried to return it to the store and was made aware that it is a franchise which has gone into liquidation.  I spoke to customer services who were extremely unhelpful and gave me a telephone number to contact which I presumed was a further customer service department but was in fact the liquidators.  I was informed that this was one of a number of franchises which are currently in liquidation and there was nothing I could do with the unwanted items I have.  Surely if these companies are trading under the Sony name 'Sony' have some responsibility for customers who have been left in the lurch.  I cannot find anybody within the customer services department that has any interest in this or is willing to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Panto12,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do to help you with this as this is primarily a user forum..:smileysad:

All I can suggest is that your first point of call should be the retailer, however  as the Sony Centre you purchased your Network Media player form is now in administration then you should now approach the  administrators..

If you purchased your goods using a credit card then you could try contacting your credit  card company, but as the goods are not faulty, then I'm not sure if your credit card company are equally liable under Section 75 of the Consumer  Credit Act..

Hope this helps you in some way..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Panto12,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do to help you with this as this is primarily a user forum..:smileysad:

All I can suggest is that your first point of call should be the retailer, however  as the Sony Centre you purchased your Network Media player form is now in administration then you should now approach the  administrators..

If you purchased your goods using a credit card then you could try contacting your credit  card company, but as the goods are not faulty, then I'm not sure if your credit card company are equally liable under Section 75 of the Consumer  Credit Act..

Hope this helps you in some way..

profile.country.en_GB.title
Panto12
Visitor

Hi, thanks for replying.  I appreciate it is a user forum but I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and somebody might be able to help.  I thought as the Sony centre is a manufacturer supported store they would have some responsibility to its customers but it would appear not!  The administrators are saying there is no point as there in no money in the pot, I am not sure where I would stand anyway because I've still got the items I just want to return them and be refunded.  Thanks anyway eBay it is then!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, I'm really sorry that I can't help further..:smileysad: