Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio all in one

profile.country.GB.title
domlim
Explorer

Sony vaio all in one

Hi everyone,

I have a very old sony vaio all in one, still working fine except screen now started to have vertical lines. Have been told by repairs shop screen is faulty, one said it is faulty graphics card.

I found secondhand machines on e bay but don't know if it is compatible. My machine chassis no. is PCV F31M. The one on sale in Ebay is PCV F11M. 

Does anyone know if both these numbers are compatible or same in respect of physical size of screen and connectivity inside?

Thank you so much

Regards

Dominic

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Dominic,

I don't think that they're compatible. It looks like your machine has a newer version of the chassis.

So I would not recommend to buy this machine.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
domlim
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thank you for this useful info/advice.

profile.country.GB.title
domlim
Explorer

My VCG V3S screen developed vertical lines. One computer repair engineer said he thinks it may be the driver or graphics card but unfortunately he is away so he recommended I bring my machine to another shop. The shop engineer said it is a fault in the screen and that replacement screens are no longer available. I found a VGC V2M machine on Ebay with the same screen size.

My questions:

1. Have you come across the vertical lines fault I mentioned? If so was it a graphics card or driver issue, or is it a screen replacement issue?

2. If it's a replacement screen issue, is the screen from a VGC V2M machine (chassis no. PCV E1M) compatible for a VGC V3S machine (chassis no. PCV F31M)?

Thanks