Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21Z

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
umarkal
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21Z

Hello.

My laptop is not starting and sony didnt supply me with vista recovery disk!

Where am i able to purchase that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi umarkal,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Are you getting any error messages when starting your vaio..:smileyconfused:

Your  Vaio was supplied with a hidden HDD recovery partition so you should be able  to restore the Sony  supplied operating system and the pre-installed  applications by doing the following.

Note - If you recover your vaio you will loose any personal data that you havn't backed up..

Start  your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10  key repeatedly,  hopefully this should start the recovery process using  the hidden HDD  recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process

If the F10 option does not work then you can contact Vaio support and purchase a set of recovery disc's for your vaio..

You   can find the contact details for vaio support by either clicking    Support at the top of this page or by using the following link:Vaio support

Under  Log-in option 1: enter your VAIO's serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi umarkal,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Are you getting any error messages when starting your vaio..:smileyconfused:

Your  Vaio was supplied with a hidden HDD recovery partition so you should be able  to restore the Sony  supplied operating system and the pre-installed  applications by doing the following.

Note - If you recover your vaio you will loose any personal data that you havn't backed up..

Start  your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10  key repeatedly,  hopefully this should start the recovery process using  the hidden HDD  recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process

If the F10 option does not work then you can contact Vaio support and purchase a set of recovery disc's for your vaio..

You   can find the contact details for vaio support by either clicking    Support at the top of this page or by using the following link:Vaio support

Under  Log-in option 1: enter your VAIO's serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch..

umarkal
Visitor

Hey.

F10 doesnt work but the error says "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum"

I think ill have to contact vaio.

Thanks

umarkal
Visitor

Can i also go to my local store to get a recovery cd?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

umarkal wrote:

Can i also go to my local store to get a recovery cd?

No unfortunately the Sony stores do not carry recovery discs..:smileysad: