Join now - be part of our community!

Sony wh-1000mx3

profile.country.GB.title
Johnpstirling
New

Sony wh-1000mx3

Hi all,

I purchased the above headphones on the 2nd of July 2019 from a seller on eBay and they arrived complete with fully sealed security packaging and I am completely satisfied that they were brand new. The headphones stopped working in June 2020, I tried all the reset procedures with no response from the headphones. I then contacted Sony and followed the instructions to send the complete unit with box and PayPal receipt and ebay proof of purchase. I was then informed by Sony Uk that they require a vat receipt, I have tried in vain to contact the seller for a vat receipt but cannot get any response from the seller so I’m not even sure they are still in business.

Sony Uk Have offered to repair them for £102, I would therefore suggest that everyone is very aware of Sony Uk trying to avoid a genuine warranty issue. The product is a very good product and I haven’t overused or abused them in any way and at £240 they should last longer. I am very disappointed with Sony Uk and would urge caution when buying a Sony product make sure the Vat receipt is present or they will say the warranty does not apply.

i have put the case to trading standards and am waiting on the advise regarding my rights and will keep the community informed.

regards

john

0 REPLIES 0