Join now - be part of our community!

Sound bar HT-MT500 problems through Sony blue ray player

Sound bar HT-MT500 problems through Sony blue ray player

For some reason we can no longer get any of the conversation in the film when watching a dvd using the sound bar. It sounds really muffled but we still manage to get the music backing at full volume. It seems the background sound is working but not the foreground! If we switch to the tv speakers we get all the sound . We have tried relinking the sub woofer and the bar. The sound bar works perfectly when we are watching the TV or listening to a cd!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Maurice1955,

if your soundbar is anything like my HT-RT3 soundbar, then the Subwoofer is where the soundbar gets connected to in terms of power connection for the speakers.

Since conversation is generally on the so called "center channel", it won't be heard, if the center speaker doesn't get any signal (if e.g. it isn't connected properly).

If you watch normal TV programs with stereo sound, the conversations are included in the left and right channel.

EDIT: I just noticed, it is just a 2.1 system - maybe you are outputting a 3.1 or 5.1 signal to the soundbar, which would mean - since there is no center speaker on the soundbar - that the signal for the conversations will simply get lost.

I would check the TVs audio output options and set it up accordingly.

- Nic