Join now - be part of our community!

Trying to redeem vouchers

profile.country.en_GB.title
charbens
Visitor

Trying to redeem vouchers

In November I purchased a Bravia KDL32CX5238U TV from my local Sony Centre and opted for the Smart Offer vouchers to the value of £75.00p. After two months and many phone calls later I eventually received the vouchers and went back to redeem against a BDP-S158 Blu ray player only to find my nearest Sony Centre closed.

I have now called in to the next nearest only to find that they won't or can't redeem "because our internet isn't working"!

I have also called another centre and they won't even entertain ordering me player because "we can't get them"!

I am starting to believe Sony have no intention of redeeming these vouchers and I'm thinking I've been screwed. This attitude is not acceptable for a company like Sony, I appreciate these centres are franchises but after all they do represent the face of Sony to the general public. I can't even redeem them in the online store. Has anyone else had these problems? I am going off Sony as a company real fast.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi charbens.

Is the problem that the Sony Centres are reluctant to accept the vouchers or are they saying they cannot get you a BDP-S185?

The conditions of the Smart Offer say that vouchers are redeemable at any UK Sony Centre and the BDP-S185 is still available on the Sony Online Store.

Please let us know which Sony Centres are being unhelpful and I will ask someone at Sony to investigate.

:thinking:

charbens
Visitor

My local store in Redditch has closed so I cannot redeem them there.

I have been to Solihull today and they did not have any BDP-S185 in stock but would order one in but could not redeem the vouchers in payment as their internet was apparently not working (something to do with a change in franchise so I was told). They then suggested I pay for the item and redeem the vouchers at a later date. This I refused to do as I think it is the incorrect way to conduct this transaction. I am now unsure if they intend to order me a player and then redeem the vouchers upon collection, this would be the ideal situation as I am loathe to keep making trips to pay and then collect at a later date. I am waiting their call but am not holding my breath on this.

I called the Leamington Spa shop by telephone and they flatly refused to order in one of these players which I must admit I was a little shocked at. The reason for calling Leamington is because I will be in the area this coming week so could call in order, pay and collect later.

I have to say I'm very dissapointed in the service these Sony Centres are providing.

I hope you can get this sorted for me soon, having said all this the guy in Solihull was quite helpful but seemingly limited by the computer system which is hardly my fault.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds silly to me.  Thanks for the info.

I will escalate this to Sony - please advise of any developments in the meantime.

:wink:

flogger12345
Visitor

I don't think they donn't have any intentions. Maybe it's just pure coincidence. Try calling over the phone.

You wont believe on how convenient it will be. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thalamus, one of the experts here, has suggested you order online for collection at a local store where you can pay with your vouchers on collection.

Unfortunately, of the stores near you, only Kidderminster and Birmingham Sony Centres are offering 'Collect at Store' - for some reason this is not available at Solihull and Leamington Spa don't seem to be on Sony's list of Sony Centres (which may be why they were a bit rude).

However, I would first check what is happening at Solihull just in case they have ordered you one.

charbens
Visitor

Blencogo.

Thanks for your help so far I'm going to see how this week pans out with Solihull you never know they may come up with one. I just feel I shouldn't have to go to all this trouble to get what has been offered which I accepted in all good faith. For an international company Sony seem to have very little regard for it's customers but then maybe I am expecting too much.

Thinking about it I've a feeling that the Birmingham and Solihull franchises are one and the same so if one has a internet problem more than likely the other does, not sure about Kidderminster.

Message was edited by: charbens

Message was edited by: charbens

charbens
Visitor

OK Solihull Sony Centre have now come up with the goods and redeemed my vouchers. But they didn't call me to tell me the Blu-Ray player was in even though they promised to. So after around three months after my original purchase many phone calls and abortive to trips to different Sony Centres all is resolved. But I tell you what I doubt very much I will be giving a Sony Centre my business in the near future it's just not worth the hassle. Watch this space because I think Sony Centre shops are on the way out. Many thanks to all who replied.