Join now - be part of our community!

TV shows.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

TV shows.

We had a Netflix thread recently with some TV recommendations so i thought we should have a dedicated TV thread!

I've been watching the last series of Dexter. Can't say I've been too impressed with it but it looks like the direction they are going for the ending is taking shape.

I'm a big fan of panel shows, so 8 Out of 10 Cats and Would i Lie to You, having gone to see both being recorded. A League Of Their Own being another good one. Any fans?

Breaking Bad is on my to watch list.

Have you been watching anything good lately? Or is there anything on TV on the weekend/through the week you would reccommend us watching?

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Dexter fan here too :cool:

Currently awaitng American Horror Story: Coven which starts in October.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Started watching Fawlty Towers on TV again. Great show. :thumbsup:

Any fans?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Absolutely!

Although we don't mention Connie Booth  in this house - she quite rudely refused to sign an autograph for my wife when she was 9 years old. (Although Una Stubbs, who was accompanying her, kindly did so.) Hooray for Worzel Gummidge.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Bad Connie Booth!

Have you got back into True Blood yet? On to S6 now.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Not yet, I'm still catching up with Dexter episodes.

I managed to watch the last season of The Big C. Terrible subject but fantastically written.

I laughed and bawled at the same time.

Unfortunately it strikes a chord in us all I think.

26-08-2013 15-05-09.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I've never heard of it. May give it a go. :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

The actress in the picture above won a Golden Globe award for 'Best Actress in a Television Musical or Comedy' in 2011 for her performance in Series 1, the problem is we all know whats going to happen at the end of series 2 lol :cry:Golden Globe Award for 'Best Actress in a Television Musical or Comedy' for her performance

Laura Linney Wins Golden Globe for THE BIG C

Golden Globe Award for 'Best Actress in a Television Musical or Comedy' for her performance

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Anyone watching anything new?

I'm still sticking with The Walking Dead, even though it's painful viewing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im on The Walking Dead too.  Isnt it time for them to move on somewhere else?  They have been "stuck" on the same story line/set design/plot for a little while now.  What do you take on it?  Im trying not to give spoilers out.

Also watching Revolution, and liking it.

And watching Farscape - im about 8 episodes in on Season 1 (never seen it before) and to be honest, its hard watching/painful viewing, and am about to give up on it.

Dont know if anyone seen the South Park parody in regards to Sony's PS4 vs Xbox One.