Join now - be part of our community!

Very poor after sales service

profile.country.en_GB.title
budgie1645
Visitor

Very poor after sales service

I purchased MHZ-T1 Personal 3D Viewer and got it in march , I had to send it in for repair as the rubber strap had broken . I got a text message from Sony on the 3rd May saying that the HMZ-T1 has been received for repair and estimate it return in 5 working days . on Monday 16th I phone up and learned that it would cost £106.15 as it was classed as Physical damage and not covered under the warreny  , so i said that i did not want it to be repaired and was told that any other charges would be waved and it would be returned to me . Its now over a week later and there is no sign of it being returned , on the wedsite it just keeps saying Under Repair , Yesterday (Monday) i tried to get help to and find out what was happening so I phoned another number 0844 8466 555 and after a conversation and the details given they said they would find what was happening and would phone me back later in the day  , well that call back never came . I have actually made other phone calls to the service centre that i have not mentioned here as they are just always polite and say they will push it along but nothing gets done .

Should anyone from Sony read this the registration code is 194041  , Central service job number is 506757

Just to add , This is great product for cinema like 3D , I think even better , but the down side is that it is very unconfortable for i found i was forever making ajustment to it , this being the reason the rubber strap broke , i have spoke to many other about the 3D viewer on a dedicated forum and the main issue has always been how unconfortable it is . Hopefully when you bring out a new model it will be of a better design for the purpose.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
budgie1645
Visitor

My product was returned yesterday .

I have attached an elasticated strap to the device and this works fine , better than paying over £100 .

Clearly i feel no charge sould of been applied for the repair as i and many other feel that it is caused by poor design ..