Join now - be part of our community!

Visit to Sony HQ - Weybridge

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Visit to Sony HQ - Weybridge

It was fantastic having the opportunity to have a look at the new product lines for 2013. From slicing oranges on the new Xperia Tablet, to waterproof headphones, a must for all swimmers, and even the appearance of something that slightly resembled the Rolly, but cooler :cool:

The new TV range was awesome, coupled with demonstrations by guys who were totally passionate about the product, made this part of the evening just mind blowing. What can I say, the 4K was to die for, even up close, and I mean like centimeters away from the screen, the quality was superb, a must for anyone with a spare £25k. Even for more modest amounts, with X-reality Pro picture processing, triluminos colour and 2K up-scaling the picture quality available is fantastic, especially when compared side-by-side with the Samsung !!

The visit helped me make up my mind about which Home Cinema system to go for, something I’d been thinking about for a while. The demonstration flipping the sound between the conventional speakers and the NASA inspired magnetic fluid speakers sealed the deal and showed that Sony recognises that it is the whole visual and audio experience that counts.

The prototype “hand-made” TV, with the built-in magnetic fluid sound system looked amazing and sounded even better (if that is possible), the reaction on everyone’s face when Adele hit those high
notes was priceless.

To finish the evening, the hospitality continued with a chip butty and a pint of Guinness. Epic

Faith x

Sony (1).jpg

Sony (2).jpg

Sony (3).jpg

Sony (4).jpg

Sony (5).jpg

Sony (6).jpg

Sony (7).jpg

Sony (8).jpg

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Replaced the images for faith

11 REPLIES 11
thatsthatcrackmusic

I went to this too! I don't know if you remember seeing me, I was the only guy in a hoody and T shirt!

What a fantastic day, and it was all because I was on twitter at the right time. I should certainly look forward to going to events like these in the future. Great gift bags too!

Are you doing the competition that was sent to us via email? I am, so if you could watch, share and repost my video, this would be great!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia_arjzUH14

Edit* Mistake in the link, this is the one though. : )

Message was edited by: thatsthatcrackmusic

faithx

Hey, that is pretty cool :cool:

In fact, you may be able to help me with my latest question about the ActionCam.  It took a while but I have now started to use it:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/1303650#1303650

thatsthatcrackmusic

Sorry about the long message in the other thread, I wanted to make sure I was detailed enough so you could connect it to your smartphone. Are you doing the competition he sent us via email?

faithx

Hey, long messages are fine with me, it helped so thanks :slight_smile:

I don't recall receiving an email regarding a competition.  Was it from Lee?  To be honest I have so much junk, things can easily get lost :thinking:

So, tell me about this competition...

Also, just noticed my pictures in this thread aren't visible anymore ??

thatsthatcrackmusic

Everyone got an email from Mr Uzzell Edward, the competition was to design a video using the HDR-AS15 (we got in the gift bags) promoting the product. It could be a montage, unboxing, review, etc. The main goal was to create an awesome video that promotes the camera and its ability. Whoever gets the most views win an NEX-5R! I have around 200 views, may not seem like a lot but I'm hoping its more than whatever anyone else has from the day!

Apparently around 17-18 people were there on the day, and four people I've spoken to (including you) aren't doing the competition, so more chances for me I guess!

You could still enter it but whoever gets the most views by 31/03 at 6PM wins the camera, less than 24 hours to go! Wish me luck!

Edit* Forgot to mention, your photos are corrupt, which you already know! Even though I was there I'd like to see what you captured, can you reupload them ? I would like to see what you got : )

Thanks

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal details

faithx

Ahh, it was from Ed.  Ok, well as I said I didn’t get it, it probably got deleted in junk.

Sounds like a pretty cool competition though, but to be honest I’ve only just really started to use it.  I have it mounted on the front screen of my GT86 and have started to have a play with it.  Cool prize though, I
already have a NEX-5N and NEX-5R which I can highly recommend, so fingers crossed for you.

I tried to edit my original post to re-upload my photos, but in true forum style it didn’t work, so have added them again here.

faithx

photos re-uploaded - 31/3/13

Sony (1).jpg

Sony (2).jpg

Sony (3).jpg

Sony (4).jpg

Sony (5).jpg

Sony (6).jpg

Sony (7).jpg

Sony (8).jpg

(photos re-uploaded - 31/3/13 by faithx)

Message was edited by: faithx

thatsthatcrackmusic

Haha I see myself! This was such a great day, I wish to go to this day every year from now on! And oh well, less competition for me I guess!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

faithx wrote:

I tried to edit my original post to re-upload my photos, but in true forum style it didn’t work, so have added them again here.

All replaced for you Faith.. :slight_smile:

faithx

Yes, it was great 🙂 let us know how you get on with the competition.

Thal, I see you've come to my rescue, many thanks 🙂