Join now - be part of our community!

Who to contact about cashback payment???

cherylswan83

Who to contact about cashback payment???

I haven't received my £50 cashback for a lens I have bought. I provided the invoice and have received email stating they would pay it into my account within 5 days, but that was a month a go now. Getting hold of anyone to ask about this is a complete nightmare. I'm starting to feel a little ripped off...

Any help?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @cherylswan83 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I will escalate this for you to see if we can get some further help.

Are your contact details correct in your profile here?

Also do you have a reference or case number on any emails etc. from Sony?

cherylswan83

Yes they are. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I do my case number was: [case:12983034]

Thank you for your help with this.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone should be in contact with you in the next few days.

Keep us updated in this thread when you hear something.

I will do the same.

cherylswan83

Ok will do. Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @cherylswan83

Just a quick uodate, support have been in touch and have asked me to say that if you wish to receive a callback, you must provide them with your telephone number(s).

Also they believe you were emailed some contact information?

cherylswan83

Hiya,

They gave me an email address to contact them on. They are now saying it will take 28 days for the payment (even though the first email said 5 days), so I guess I will have to wait and see if it ever appears.I have my doubts though.

Cheryl

cherylswan83

After re-reading my last email from Sony, they said payment would be with me 28 days after the original purchase (even though they originally said it would be 5 days). So I contacted them again as it was 32 days since they confirmed I would receive payment. They then emailed me back ensuring me the payment has been transferred to me account now and to check my bank statement. I have waited 5 working days and yet again and surprise surprise it wasn't there again. It is growing tiresome and it's blatantly false advertising hoping people will just give up and they don't have to give back the money they owe. Not happy!!!

Chrispy560
Explorer

I have also had problems receiving cashback from Sony.

I purchased a camera on 1st September and sent the details is the same day - week later received confirmation the information had been received and that they would email again when the payment had been made. 

No surprise that 28 days later... no money or email.

Emailed the cashback team and they replied they would look into it...

Nothing for a week so I sent another email.

They replied agan saying it was being investigated again so I emailed the UK customer services who replied that my payment had been authorised but that everytime I emailed them to find out what was happening, they reset the 28 day waiting time. So in effect, if I shut up and left them alone I would probably receive the money sometime.

I then called them as this seemed unbelievable but they confirmed that this was the case. They did, after much complaining say they would try to speed it up. I will let you know ....

Its a shame really for Sony as the products are usually great but a company is only as good as its reputation and how issues are dealt with.

cherylswan83

Wow that sounds identical to how they've been with me. I've now got the same "it's under investigation" email, which I imagine I will never hear back from. I can't believe a big company like Sony would struggle with such a thing. 

I've got a Sony phone, TV, camera, lenses and ps4, you can't help but wonder what support you'd get if any of those products broke. 

It's false advertising and I'm quite tempted to let trading standards know, sure the money would magic into the account then! 

Let me know if you get anywhere with it. I can foresee months more of this, but now it's not only about the money, it's the principle of the matter.