Join now - be part of our community!

Win an amazing HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder! Share your top five Christmas songs.

SOLVED
ClarissaW

Win an amazing HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder! Share your top five Christmas songs.

We've got some prizes to give away! To be in with a chance of winning an amazing HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder so you can record all your singing this year, simply post your Top Five Christmas Songs as a reply to this thread. Check out the Terms and Conditions here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

The competition is now closed. Thank you for all your entries! We've put together a master list across all of Europe - take a look at the attachment to this post.

We'll be bringing you the final top five - and our lucky winners - some time next week. Any guesses on the number 1 spot?

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

1. Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you

2. Wham - Last Christmas

3. Band Aid - Do they know it's Christmas

4. The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York

5. Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

I do like a list!  So, just for fun.......

1: Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys:  Super upbeat and with their default great harmonies I could certainly dig a Christmas in California.

2: Christmas – Darlene Love:  From possibly the best Christmas album ever (A Christmas Gift for you: 1963) it is the  ‘Wall of Sound’ covered in tinsel.

3: Plastic Mistletoe – Aidan Moffat:  Few things are more festive than a bit of a moan.

4: Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt :  Nope, I had no idea what a “sable” was either, great track, wonderfully performed.

5: Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl: Christmas officially starts for me when I hear this and start singing along (usually to both parts)

At the start I thought I would struggle to think of 5, turns out there are quite a few decent Crimbo songs.  With that in mind, and as I can't win, I am having a wildcard!

Wildcard:  Christmas TV – Snow Club:  Lovely track that captures the highs and lows of the festive season

Lee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about some Anti-Christmas Songs instead

1. I Won't Be Home for Christmas - Blink 182
  2. Hey Santa Clause - Kevin Wilson
  3. Merry Christmas - Denis Leary
  4. The Night Santa Went Crazy - Weird Al Yankovic
  5. Oi! To The World - The Vandals

1. Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
  2. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
  3. Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid 20
  4. Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade
  5. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Just to mix it up a bit...Something for all the family...

1. DMX - Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXca4WcCzlo Yes that DMX...
  2. Everclear - Hating You for Christmas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVSxBeNQwAU
  3. Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR07r0ZMFb8
  4. Tim Minchin - White Wine In The Sun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q
  5. Weezer - Christmas Celebration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PvueI4sP8
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Tried to chose something a little different for my list, I'm sure that it would not be a prize winning list though.

For me Christmas does not start until I hear the Coca-Cola advert so my first choice would have to be

1 Holidays Are Coming - Coca Cola

Thinking of those who's loved ones have to be away from their families during the festive season for what ever reason brings me to my second choice.

2 Please Come Home For Christmas - Charles Brown

This leads nicely to those who have to travel long distances for Christmas, yes I know some of you may be thinking of Driving Home For Christmas but for me my choice would be if only for thinking of the Griswolds.

3 Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham

From what you hear on the news this year has been a difficult for some people so hopefully Christmas can be a time to forget & enjoy yourselves which brings me to.

4 Thank God It's Christmas - Queen

And lastly my wish to you all

5 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Of all the replies I can't belive that Dominick the Donkey hasn't been mentioned..:smileyshocked:

Here is my five - In no particular order..

The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

Santa Baby - Ertha Kit (got to agree with Startthecar's comment)

Christmas Time - The Darkness

Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid (84)

Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms

hutchy73
Explorer

1. All I want for christmas is you - Mariah Carey

2. Winter wonderland - Michael Buble

3. White christmas - bing crosby

4. so they know it's christmas - Band Aid ( original)

5 Merry christmas everybody - slade