Join now - be part of our community!

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I woke up today as excited as a child creeping downstairs on Christmas Morning to see if the milk and cookies left for Saint Nick and Rudolph have been consumed.

Why? Its World Cup Time of course and another chance to play in the Sony League!

Dan-Dun-Dan-Dan-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaa (apologies for my Samba Singing - plus its hard for me to type while I'm dancing.)

For those who want to join up and haven't seen the details yet please have a look at the Sony Fantasy League Competition details Here

Please don't foget to confirm your FiFa profile name underneath the blog :thumbsup:

How have other members found choosing their squads?

For me its nice having a couple of decent players but not so nice having Honduras and Iran players too lol

Did anyone manage to buy more than about 5 decent players?

97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the new thread - probably needed :slight_smile:

I think I have managed 10 decent/top players.  Just hope they dont get injured :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Well I think my chances this time are dismal at best lol.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

So, so, sooooo disappointed with the opening show!

I'm hoping it was a prank and the real one will start soon :slight_frown:

Nadine1325

I know it was naive to expect something on the Olympic opening ceremony scale, but they could have done a lot more for it! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What opening show :grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL !!!!  Own Goal ! 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'd like to thank the 2 Brazilian Players in my squad for the opening own goal and the opening yellow card.

Thats a lot of minus points for me.

Brilliant! ROFL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Jumpy - Lovely !

Neymar got a yellow card, but luckily got a goal too.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah if it hadn't been for a terrible Sideshow Bob (David Luiz) header attempt it probably would have been a hat-trick lol

Brasil didn't impress much. I think several teams (Spain, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina to name a few will be very pleased at the way Brasil played.)

Anyone finding the fantasy site easy to use?

I can never get to the Sony League unless I go the competition blog on this website and click on the '9679' link.