Join now - be part of our community!

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I woke up today as excited as a child creeping downstairs on Christmas Morning to see if the milk and cookies left for Saint Nick and Rudolph have been consumed.

Why? Its World Cup Time of course and another chance to play in the Sony League!

Dan-Dun-Dan-Dan-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaa (apologies for my Samba Singing - plus its hard for me to type while I'm dancing.)

For those who want to join up and haven't seen the details yet please have a look at the Sony Fantasy League Competition details Here

Please don't foget to confirm your FiFa profile name underneath the blog :thumbsup:

How have other members found choosing their squads?

For me its nice having a couple of decent players but not so nice having Honduras and Iran players too lol

Did anyone manage to buy more than about 5 decent players?

97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a bit over a day to swap our teams around now - for the better I hope.  I did well last round.

DIdnt know that about Suarez, however his advertisers are pulling out.  If as you said is correct, on top of all that, I dont think his 4 month ban went far enough - in my opinion.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I was making transfers then it froze and I had to close Firefox :cry:

Will try again later.

Yes, its awful behaviour but its interesting  some journalists have said that he hasn't taken drugs, rigged a game, broken someone's leg or elbowed a player in the nose. To them a bite is a lot less of a crime.

Its an interesting perspective, and I think that others who shall not be named :yahoo: have brought the game into worse disrepute.

Excuse me I need to cough, my chest is full of Qatar this morning. :laughing:

Saying that I don't condone his behaviour at all and yet again he has hurt my beloved team.

(He sat out 6 of last season's matches - I reckon we would have been even closer / won the league if it wasn't for his temper.)

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

"Luis Suárez has now been banned for 34 games since 2010 without receiving a single red card."

Lets not forget this and loads more like it. 

http://i.minus.com/ijEPrJIiKpVln.gif 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Very true Drewde!

(Except I don't know which of the pictures in the link we're trying to remember lol) :

27-06-2014 13-21-51.jpg

Has he bitten women and dogs too?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Top left :wink:

That's annoying. Copy and paste :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Cheers Drewde :thumbsup:

I hadn't seen that before - what a horrendous tackle! :anguished:

Almost as bad as Roy Keane. (I shouldn't joke but couldn't help it)

p.s. do we lose points for making transfers like the Premiership one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, No points are lost, no money is lost either.  I swapped 17 players out of 23 :slight_smile:

After approx 2hours of pouring through stats and figures of things, I was still no clearer on what to do with my team.  I gave up and chose players from teams that I fancied ! LOL

Umm, no Suarez !

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Anyone with any ambition for my rightful fifth position might as well head to the airport now. I've made some devastating changes which will see me climb spectacularly this week..haha :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catmambo - I am positively confident that your 5th position is all in your head. :grin: 33rd position ?  Looking at the ladder, there are no clear run-away leaders.

:clap: "Snap Crackle and Pop" :clap:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, just looked at the league table/ladder this morning, I have to scroll through many pages before I find one of you guys (wears my mouse button out) :grin: