Join now - be part of our community!

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

World Cup 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I woke up today as excited as a child creeping downstairs on Christmas Morning to see if the milk and cookies left for Saint Nick and Rudolph have been consumed.

Why? Its World Cup Time of course and another chance to play in the Sony League!

Dan-Dun-Dan-Dan-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaa (apologies for my Samba Singing - plus its hard for me to type while I'm dancing.)

For those who want to join up and haven't seen the details yet please have a look at the Sony Fantasy League Competition details Here

Please don't foget to confirm your FiFa profile name underneath the blog :thumbsup:

How have other members found choosing their squads?

For me its nice having a couple of decent players but not so nice having Honduras and Iran players too lol

Did anyone manage to buy more than about 5 decent players?

97 REPLIES 97
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I don't want to go on about my stolen 28 points but... :cry:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently you are in 51st spot at 260 point.  Add that 28 and it makes 288.  Which would have put you equal in 36th spot.

As there are over 100 players, you have a bad round, and your right down the table. 

Look at things now, if you are not in that top 5 to 10.  Its probably too hard now to get to that top spot.

Im in 21st spot at the moment, but I have gambled alot on Germany winning today.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah me too but don't tell anyone :yahoo:

I'd like to thank De Jong for his contribution yesterday - he scored me a mighty 1 point.

I noticed that Cesar got no bonus saves for his penalty stopping abilities the other day and that the penalties don't count as goals. What a shame lol Clutching at straws? Me? Never. :yahoo:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coincidence - I also had De Jong.  But he was only in my squad on a Just in case basis.  Swapped him back to Oezil for tonight.  So if you have anyone who hasnt played in your subs, that has a better chance at scoring more than 1 point - SWAP it.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Transfer window open - thank goodness! lol

Not sure I can bridge the 182 point gap though unless Thor, Iron Man and Captain America are in the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 96 point gap that I certainly wont close either.  The gap will probably widen too.  We seem to have a run-away leader at the top too.  Love to know which players this person has chosen, and why.  Also the strategy they are using - curious.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I think its obvious what strategy they are using.....

6142743_f260.jpg

LOL :yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Couldn't help posting this shot of Robben in action :laughing:

10500462_10204220919627259_5414772850036383245_n.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Here's a few more 

10357582_10152241494566482_4047363109242813152_n.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely no ones emiplying that he 'dives' and has a degree in acting/rolling :grin: