Join now - be part of our community!

XAV-AX1000 wont power on

XAV-AX1000 wont power on

Hi I brought a xav-ax1000 apple carplay unit for my Vauxhall corsa D fitted and works a treat until the other day got in the car and the unit did not power up  checked the ovs fuses connections all ok I put the original factory unit back in powered up . I then reconnected the sony unit and all worked again . After a week or so the same thing happened has any one else had this issue I will admit I have not connected the hand break lead and the only other thing in line is a steering wheel control unit 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Wrighty700, welcome to the community.

Is it possible your phone has recently updated in both cases? This can 'break' the connection, although I believe it's often just because Siri is disabled following iPhone updates. 

Cheers

Mick

jamesr2
New

I've been having the very same problem as @Wrighty700 for over a year. We keep going through that same process of removing the old stereo, plugging that in to give it a reset then putting the Sony one back in again. Can go months without any issues but it's died twice in three days this week which is very frustrating. We've not had the glossy fascia on the stereo for a year because it's easy to scratch when repeatedly removing it.

I did read somewhere that it's potentially something that's causing the car to realise the original stereo isn't there anymore so it stops feeding power to it. Not sure how that would work. 

Doesn't seem to be too common if you look around the web for it.