Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 keeps turning itself off

profile.country.GB.title
Brizz76

Xperia 10 keeps turning itself off

Have tried software repair and factory reset, but it keeps happening. Any other ideas?! Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Brizz76  do you mean it keeps turning off or restarting? If the second option, please try to remove the SIM card and/or micro SD and check again.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Brizz76

Hi, thanks for the reply. No it just turns off. Doesn't restart. Havectred every troubleshooting tip. Nothing resolves it. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case, it could mean you have a faulty device. Try to contact the local support and arrange a repair. 

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Brizz76

Yep, I had an online chat with Support today. The big problem is not being able to get the phone to them  due to the restrictions from Covid-19. Fingers crossed it will get sorted. Thanks for the input. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Keep us updated. 

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Brizz76

Will do. 

profile.country.GB.title
Brizz76

In a wholly predictable response, despite Sony being fully aware of this fault and having explained that I need a functioning phone in order to keep connected to my elderly, vulnerable, isolating parents, Sony said the only option was for me to find a post office that is still open and send the faulty phone to their repairer, where they will have it for "usually 7-14 days, but unable to say how long under current circumstances". So now I am using an old, malfunctioning phone that barely holds a charge, just to maintain contact with my parents, while awaiting a response from Sony with a repair or replacement. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I would just send it off, Sony can't be blamed for everything, they will repair or replace it, that's what will happen.

However, everyone is in the same boat as you, as regards Covid-19.

In the meantime, have you tried running it in safe mode, so see if it switches off, or reboots?

And also go to the dialer, enter *#*#7378423#*#* go to the service tests and test the battery, or even carry out some of the other tests, you can't break your phone, its just a check.

Failing all that, it'll be a trip to Asda or Tesco, and pick up a cheap throwaway in the meantime, for as little as £30 for a "smart" phone, or £10 for a candybar phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I agree with Mr Foxy Breath

Golden rule is:

Boot up in safe mode, if it still having problems then its generally a hardware fault.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King