Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Volume

Bluetooth Volume

Hi,

I purchased a MHV-V11d for New Years Eve. Noticed that the bluetooth connection volume was fantasic, but when I connected the same device via RCA lead the volume was really low, even turned up as high as possible it was still really low. Volume on the device was set the same.

Why would bluetooth have a much higher volume and equally why when using a wired connection the sound was really low.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its hard to answer this without knowing what the other device is that you have connected and how its connected.  However as a guess - you are using the headphone socket on the other device and using a 3.5mm to RCA cable.  If this is the case, it may be due to the EU volume cap limit.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-1364_en.htm

Sometimes theres way to switch of (or at least temporary) this volume cap.

Just a theory on your question - if that is not the case, please provide more information.

Cheers

Hi,

That sounds perfectly feasible. I tried with an Iphone 6s and an Ipad 4, both with the same result.

Its such a shame, the RCA cable would be a better quality feed but the volume was so low I couldn't use it. Bluetooth has the volume but the streaming quality isn't as good.

I will see if I can somehow remove the volume cap.

Thanks for your help.

Take Care

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

That's normal if you are using those. Those iDevices are not meant to be used that way. You need a dedicated line out..but they don't have one so it will be always lower.