Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-SBT 300WB internet radio tuner

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

CMT-SBT 300WB internet radio tuner

How do I access the internet radio tuner on the CMT-SBT 300WB? I've followed all the instructions but, three days later, I still can't find it!

7 REPLIES 7
aja007

I finally got onto the internet radio using the stupid app only to find the tuner apparently doesn't receive all the vTuner internet stations I could with my CMT-MX 750Ni!

I don't understand why you can't access the tuner without a smartphone or tablet? Surely this should be done manually and the Android option should an additional option?

Does anyone else have this model as I'd love to compare notes. Personally I think this is a very poor unit.

profile.country.SK.title
levior
New

Well, the older model had the ability to reach network via remote control. But not had bluetooth connectivity, output for headphones and airplay. I owned the MX700 too for three weeks, than i returned it back because of this newer model. Thanks the store for accepting my request:) When i was at the store i saw the RC without letters. Asked the salesman how can i reach or search the list of internet radio stations without ABC letters. He couldnt tell me how to do that... I know of the ability to usethe device with app, but not that is the only way to reach this important function. Otherwise the android app is too buggy, battery draining and slow for now. SONY DO SOMETHING.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there, levior.

If you contact Sony Support, they will be able to assist you further.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi, as with other Sony speakers to access internet music services like vTuner you need to use the Network Audio app, it can take a while sometimes for the available channels to populate.

A channel list for vTuner is available on their site.

aja007

I have been in contact with Sony Support for 5 weeks!

They claimed to have escalated it back to the Customer Realations team but, 3 weeks later, I'm still awaiting contact....very poor!!!

aja007

All the channels have populated but I am still unable to listen to about 25% of channels I select.

aja007

Well said!

Having spoke to vTuner, the issue lies with the Sony receiver or app. Sony need to do a software update to correct the fault asap!!!