Join now - be part of our community!

Dream Machine ICF-CL75iP - cant change date?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lee_m_a
Visitor

Dream Machine ICF-CL75iP - cant change date?

Hi all,

Had product in question for a while, always had issues with crashing. However, after the last crash now I cannot set time, date etc on the first screen. Even when trying to amend and confirming by pressing enter the numbers default. Anyone else had this problem? Obviously the problem makes the product unusable. Is it possible to do some sort of master reset?

Any help much obliged! If anyone needs more info just reply and Ill do my best!

Cheers!

16 REPLIES 16
jamcdon82
Visitor

I also have the same issue I have done the firmware update also.

Time and date can not be changed and the clock just flashes but never move from 00:00.

I have bought Sony products for years and this is complete rubbish.

What is the point of a clock/alarm clock that does not tell the time?

Like a plane with no wings.......

:angry:

Sony not very helpful with a fix for it either.

Tried removing battery etc turning off etc etc

Still at the samepoint \i was befoe firmware update.

Posh speaker....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lee_m_A,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried replacing the CR2032 battery.?

batt.JPG

jamcdon82
Visitor

yes I have done this and no help. I was also under the impression this was just a back up battery and when plugged in to the 240v you should still be able to change the time and date and this battery keeps the time etc when the power is turned off.

hebhaga
Visitor

Hi,

has anyone found a fix for this it?

its pretty useless right now!

cheers,

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jamcdon82,

can you checked that you have the latest version of firmware installed.?

To check the firmware version of your unit, follow the below instructions:

1. Turn on the unit and press the [HOME] button on the displayed screen.

Home Screen
  2. Select [General Settings] and press the [ENTER] button.
  3. Select [Unit information] and press the [ENTER] button.
  4. Check [S/W Version] on the displayed screen.

If it's the correct version have you tried resetting your ICF-CL75IP back to default settings, this can be found with settings..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus. wrote:

Hi jamcdon82,

can you checked that you have the latest version of firmware installed.?

To check the firmware version of your unit, follow the below instructions:

1. Turn on the unit and press the [HOME] button on the displayed screen.

Home Screen
  2. Select [General Settings] and press the [ENTER] button.
  3. Select [Unit information] and press the [ENTER] button.
  4. Check [S/W Version] on the displayed screen.

If it's the correct version have you tried resetting your ICF-CL75IP back to default settings, this can be found with settings..

Hi jamcdon82 or lee_m_a,

could you please answer the above..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.de_AT.title
guenter.fritz
Explorer

I bought this unit back in 2009. It showed the same issue, random freezes, usually at night, almost right from the start. Of course I took it back to the dealers place just to be informed about a firmware update Sony had released. It was installed but did not make a functional change just like all the updates which followed. A few months after the warranty ended the clock stopped working at all whilst everything else continued to work ...

Of course I was disappointed not only because this rather expensive device which I expected to live for many years turned out to be a lemon but also because of Sony - definitely knowing what's going on inside ! - was not willing to find a customer friendly solution.

So I started my own investigation, opened up the unit and examined the logic board.

08PV05_MAIN PCBA_V1.6.jpg

Obviously this area was not intended to look like that. The dark brown coverage was rough but easily could be removed using a wooden toothpick. Doing so I uncovered a 2 pin oscillator which should be soldered to the board but wasn't. I resoldered it and reassembled the unit, which booted and is doing fine now :

Of course this is not for the faint hearted. You should have good knowledge in electronics, otherwise you'll risk breaking it forever and you better take pictures of every single step while taking it apart.

I'ld be glad if this small guide will help to prevent some units from being trashed because of a small fault.

profile.country.GB.title
Cheezpie
Explorer

How do you take off the back cover? I have removed all the screws but the cover seems stuck near the snooze / brightness button.

profile.country.GB.title
Cheezpie
Explorer

I have got into the machine, it was just a couple of clips holding it together. The crystal does look black like teh picture above but is soldered to the PCB. Does anyone know what these crystal are?

Has anyone else any ideas what is wrong?

Originally it was running software version 1.01 and the issue I had was the clock display was changing, each digit would flash then eventually go to 0:00 Sat 01/01/2000, but then randomly would display the correct time. It wouldn't let me alter the time but it actually was altering it, just not showing that it has been alterred as when it randomly showed the correct time it was wrong and then I could go and alter it.

since this error I have updated to version 1.10 and that seems to have made it worse as now it only shows 0:00 Sat 01/01/2000 and doesn't let me alter it.