Join now - be part of our community!

External FM Aerial for HT-AS5 Home Theatre System

profile.country.en_GB.title
roclaxt
Visitor

External FM Aerial for HT-AS5 Home Theatre System

Hi. The supplied aerial for the AS5 gives poor reception so i need to get something stronger. Can anyone advise? I am also having trouble identifying the connector type  which on the supplied aerial is a male connector but very thin and the push-fit sleeve sits outside the socket (which is like a female connector). I am therefore having trouble connecting an alternative aerial. Any help would be gratefully received.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
roclaxt
Visitor

i have solved this problem. the connector on the AV box is actually a male connector even though the aerial connector is also male. the thin spike of the aerial connector fits inside the hollow thicker spike of the connector on the AV Box. The solution therefore is to use a female connector (I used a female-female converter) and then you can connect a standard aerial cable. i hooked this up to my TV aerial with a UHF/VHF filter and now get very good reception. I'm amazed it took me so long to work out (brain going?). But Sony could be more explicit in their specifications. Anyway, I hope this helps someone else sometime.