Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke & boosting DAB signal?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hedgehog39
Visitor

Giga Juke & boosting DAB signal?

All,

While we're waiting on a fix for the current Giga Juke locking/start up/shut down issues, does anyone have any reccommendations for boosting the DAB signal?

I'm in a relatively poor signal area and I'm not currently getting at of the national BBC Radio channels on DAB. Is there an alternative aerial that I should look at that might improve the reception?

Cheers,

hedgehog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alralph15
Visitor

hi,

What aerial are you using at the present time.

I would suggest either an outside aerial or loft aerial will help. You can either diy from your local maplins or diy store, or get a tv aerial rigger. Although I am only a few miles from my local dab transmitter, I found a 3 element dab aerial in the loft made a huge difference. Or you can wait a while as the bbc are rolling out a lot more high power transmitters, in an effort to improve coverage, so that band 2 vhf transmissions can be turned off sometime 2015-2017, but thats another story....

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alralph15
Visitor

hi,

What aerial are you using at the present time.

I would suggest either an outside aerial or loft aerial will help. You can either diy from your local maplins or diy store, or get a tv aerial rigger. Although I am only a few miles from my local dab transmitter, I found a 3 element dab aerial in the loft made a huge difference. Or you can wait a while as the bbc are rolling out a lot more high power transmitters, in an effort to improve coverage, so that band 2 vhf transmissions can be turned off sometime 2015-2017, but thats another story....

Alan

hedgehog39
Visitor

Hi Alan,

Just using the supplied wire. I've got 20 or so DAB stations coming up, but none of the BBC national stations.

I'd rather not go to the lengths of installing an external aerial and routing through to the GJ. I was hoping that someone might be able to recommend an internal aerial (and booster) that was readily available.

Cheers,

Hedgehog

alralph15
Visitor

Homebase have a "one for all" amplified aerial whch includes the dab band. its normally £30, but has £10 off at the present time, so its worth a try.

hedgehog39
Visitor

Thanks Alan.