Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
niwilfo
Explorer

Niclan I have triede this but as soon as the players disconnect from the server  mine wont reconnect. On a different note I have been informed by my local Sony repair agent

Just checked and an updated firmware has just been  added to our Sony system but is dated 2008!.
This updates your software to 1.01.00 which is  later than yours listed.
It is for "Wake up Timer and Tuner problems" and  would probably be worth the upgrade as this was not on our system last time I  spoke to you.
I was told by Sony that any soloution would be placed on this forum first, may be this is a fix
spoysers
Visitor

@niwilfo

'Fraid not, I've been on version 1.01.00 for over a year, in fact since I had to have the hard drive replaced for the princely sum of £200!!

It failed 1 month out of warranty!

hailsham26
New

HI ALL I TRIED TOBLER2 SUGGESTION AND EMAILED GRACENOTE.

GOT A REPLY TODAY ASKING FOR EXACT ISSUE.

SO.......MAYBE IF MORE PEOPLE EMAIL WE MAY GET SOMEWHERE.

THE LINK DOES WORK SO TRY IT

Further update, had more feedback from gracenote , it will DEF help if more and more of you email gracenote (use tobler2  link earlier in the thread) so get emailing guys

Message was edited by: hailsham26

Message was edited by: hailsham26

alralph15
Visitor

Hi,

I sent this to Gracenote.

As you maybe aware the Sony Gigajuke NAS music server uses the Gracenote  Database.
Towards the end of September a number of owners  found that thier Sony Gigajukes started to lock up and behave in a strange way.
On the Sony forum , they have admitted that  something must have changed in a 3rd party product. Most users have established  that the issues only occur if the product access the internet.
I am not aware of any other 3rd party product other  than Gracenote, being used by the Gigajuke, and its now been more than a month  since we can use our wireless product.
We seem to be getting very little support from  Sony, and quite a number of people have paid for repairs, only to gave the same  issues (new motherboards, disk drives etc).
Are you able to put any pressure on Sony to come up  with a fix, or at least inform us that there was a change to the gracenote  software on or about the 25th September.
I am aware that you are now owned by Sony so may  not be able to speak freely.
I also have a hifi magazine on my case and they  will be writing up this story hopefully in the december issue of hifi news and  record review. Apart from the Sony issue they are also keen to investigate that  you can spend quite a substantial amount of money (in my case £750) to have the  product rendered useless by 3rd party software.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Alan
alralph15
Visitor

Reply from Gracenote.

Hello  Alan,

Yes,  thank you for writing. We’re working to find out what’s going on, and hope to  have information for Sony shortly.

Sincerely,

Julie  Holabird

Gracenote,  Inc. | Support Supervisor

jholabird@gracenote.com

At least Gracenote do talk to us.

Alan

JayRoze
Visitor

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one this is happening to!

I have the 55HDE version. I've had it for approx 4 years.

I can't remember when we first noticed it, but it was within the last two months. The problem occurs we use the cd player, either first switching on the unit and inserting a cd, then it just has the loading screen on, or when switching from another drive/tuner to go to the cd. The machine then freezes so I have to turn off at the plug.

When it's switched on again, it goes through an installation process before starting up... bit of a nightmare as it takes ages to boot up anyway!

I wondered why the blue flashing was happening more lately.

Anyway... I hope they send a software download to it to sort it out.

Message was edited by: JayRoze

Message was edited by: JayRoze

hailsham26
New

Thats the same person who has contacted me .Lets hope they are actually doing something !

hailsham26
New

Actually just had a thought.The fact that both Sony and Gracenote have now admitted that there is a problem will that mean that if they can not fix it we are all able to get a refund as the product is no longer fit fior purpose ?

Any thoughts  anyone ?

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

Dear All

You all appear to been suffering from the same problem as myself, the system appears to be stuck in analysing mode.

Orange light on the power on button and the long blue light slowly lighting up and then fading.

1 )  tried reformatting hard drive and then reloading 600 cd backup - works for a few days and then back to               square1 it  not start up.

2) a reset by power button and square stop button press the system does a reset and its happy again for a few times and then stops again.

3) ditto remove dongle and do reset and then after a few times it stops again.

4) I have tried the system update but how can it when the internet link has failed see below

5) when I did try the screen asked me to select function and I pressed HDD and it went to that function and carried on playing.

Ok a few comments and facts that I have noted

A) this problem started in early September 2011

B) my always strong internet connection dissapeared over night and now I can only use AOSS

C) when the system is switched off normally the main screen just goes however I know when its about to happen as the screen appears to be illuminated for around 3 - 5 seconds and I then know that I will have do a reset either by unplugging or by button press.

D) I have also turned off the Auto Analysis mode  by refering to page 45 of the manual as it suggest that what we are seeing with the flashing blue light and orange light is this operation.

E) It states if you press the square stop button this will stop the analysis - not so or its not doing this.

Sony say they can replicate the problem - easy to solve come to my house for the morning or afternoon and I will replicate it over a cup of Tea - I am sure we can all offer the same facility.

I am pretty sure that only those persons who had the system linked to thier modem wireless or hard wired have the problem - those who use AOSS or S-WS to connect their SC55PKE probably are not even aware of ths issue.

Hope this info can be checked against your own siituations and a factual picture can be established for Sony to get hold of and start actioning a fix that can be down loaded and transferred by memory stick.

Regards to Alll

SImon J

PS if you complain hard enough when your product is in warranty they will replace it - this has been sent via a 3d laptop which was compensation for issues with another Sony laptop and contant hard drive failure over an eightenn month period.

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

Dear All I have contacted Sony vand thismorning recieved a SonyCutomer information Centre reply

which is below my reply

If all of us contact

UMAR ANWAR email consouk@eu.sony.com

they may start taking on board the issue.

So  help us to help yourself

Dear Umar Anwar

The issue I have is the same as many other users of the NAS S55HDE as per the forum http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/135395?start=1&tstart=0

Periodically the system will not turn on and the power on button and On / Standby indicator (1) is showing an orange light and the illumination panel (5) flashes a blue colour ( Manual page 17GB states the unit is in quick standby mode or is analysing date (page 45 GB))

When you refer to page 45 GB you can determine that the factory default is set to automatic analysis when the unit enters standby mode and you can cancel by pressing the ■ (the stop button).

Given that no music has been put on the gigajuke for some time this seems unlikely, however in order to start the unit you have to follow the instructions on page 110GBHow to reset the unit – by pressing the ■ button together with the ׀Ф(power) button to turn on the unit.

Obviously when you do this the system resets and when it starts it does so in demo mode.

Referring back to page 45 GB select x – DJ mode and stop playing music, press options select [setting] – [Basic], then check the [automatic analysis] pull down menu select [Off] and this stops Automatic analysis when it is next turned off.

The unit appears to work fine for a couple of times e.g. turning the unit on and off then the same problem occurs again and this time when you rest the unit and look at the Automatic analysis settings you find that it is not set to on.

I have tried reformatting hard drive and then reloading 600 cd backup – selecting manual analysis (takes over 24hrs) works for a few on and offs and then the same problem  occurs - it  not start up.

The second issue is that in September 2011 the network settings ( connected to the internet stopped working and when I interrogated the system it had lost its settings, when I tried to re link wirelessly to my Broadband router it could not find it, it could find other unknown ones which I found both strange and infuriating, the only way I can now communicate with the NAS –C5E is through the AOSS system.

Fine for playing music but if I was to install a new CD on the HDD the gracenote facilities cannot operate as it cannot connect to the internet.

Neither can I now use the internet facility on the NAS –C5E.

I would ask that you log onto http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/135395?start=1&tstart=0

And read the other owners issues with this – they are so similar it is clear that you have an issue with the product software and Sony should own up and solve it for the sake of the users who have spent an average of £750 on their NAS S55HDE on the basis that it is

Reliable

Able to link to the internet

Does not need resetting after a couple of uses.

I intend posting this email on the forum site as above with your contact details so that all other persons can also communicate with you and your department colleagues so hopefully Sony will take notice and provide a fix for this malfunction.

Kind Regards

Simon J Ash

From: Sony United Kingdom Limited [mailto:consouk@eu.sony.com]
Sent: 03 November 2011 11:07
To: 2381958@gmail.com
Subject: NAS - S55HDE software failure see forum [Incident: 111102-000117]

Thank you for your enquiry. Please find below, a summary of your request and our reply which we hope will be of help.

Subject (e.g Television tuning advice needed)

NAS - S55HDE software failure see forum

Summary of your enquiry:

Response (Umar Anwar)

03/11/2011 11.06 AM

Dear Mr Ash

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand you are experiencing issues with your NAS-S55HDE Gigajuke.

Could you confirm the exact issue you are experiencing?

When I have received this information, I will be happy to see what further   assistance I can offer.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Umar Anwar
Customer Information Centre
SONY UNITED KINGDOM

Sony United Kingdom and Ireland, a division of Sony Europe Limited.
A company registered in England and Wales. Registered office:
The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT130XW
Registered company number: 2422874