Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
stefmcd
Visitor

Hi - can anyone confirm that I am wasting my time trying to get the giga juke (wep security) connecting to my Bt home hub 2 (wpa security)?

My gigajuke will not recognise the router when I ask it to check for access points and I strongly suspect the wep/wpa issue is the reason.

Any ideas opinions welcome!!

🙂

hinneybeast
Explorer

I had a load of bother connecting the GigaJuke to the router via wifi; sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, connection speed wasn't always up to it either (the wifi dongle looks very directional). Thing is, WEP security is easily broken, so fiddling on with your router's configuration settings to enable it will decrease the overall securty of your network.

I tried homeplugs (my apartment is built like a concrete-covered Farrady cage so I use them everywhere else, and they are great) but, in the case of the GigaJuke that was a configuration nightmare too.

In the end I bought a long enough stretch of cat5 and just plugged it into the router, worked first time, works every time.

Hope this helps

stefmcd
Visitor

THanks for reply. I'll have a try at changing router settings and see what happens. I'm quite rural so hopefully security risk is minimal.

🙂

Blacklegen
Explorer

Hi , my unit only shows (Please wait...turning-off after setting is applied.) it does nothing beyond that, reseting the system by pressing power and stop botton don't help,if the unit cant power up/on how can access the ( permanent fix download ) ?. kind regards .

Blacklegen
Explorer

am at a dead end ,all am seeing on my screen is (please wait-turning off after settings is applied) , since last year i got this unit from a friend,he bought it brand new,being a older guy he gave up on setting up the unit after many tries and failed,when i got it,the warrenty as expired and sony can only reffer me to their nearest dealers,honestly i don't have the funds to execute that order at the moment.....sweet looking jukebox sad how they are so poor in functionality.

Blacklegen
Explorer

am at a dead end with my giga juke Sony GIGA JUKE NAS-SC55PKE ,all am seeing on my screen is (please wait-turning off after settings is applied) , since last year i got this unit from a friend,he bought it brand new,being a older guy he gave up on setting up the unit after many tries and failed,when i got it,the warrenty as expired and sony can only reffer me to their nearest dealers,honestly i don't have the funds to execute that order at the moment,sweet looking jukebox sad how they are so poor in functionality.

johnnnywalker
New

Hi I have one of these units and had if for 5 years or so but lately I cannot seem to get it to connect to the internet or my local network. I am using a wired connection as this is not compatable with my Netgear Orbi system when using wifi.

I go through the procedure to connect it to the network and internet starting from scratch and it connects to the network and internet ok and comes back with DNS1 ok and I can stream music from it to my networked players ok.

However after it has been turned off it seems to go to "sleep" and loses connection to the network and internet, I cannot see it in any of my networked devices, when I check the settings on the unit it says connected to the nework but disconnected to the internet, on checking the units settings it comes back with the DNS1 as failed, when I go into the router settings it tells me the IP address of the unit but when I ping it it comes back with no reply, I have another one of these units and thios is doing excately the same, anyone else having this trouble?

profile.country.GB.title
pamela92
New

Unit has low volume output.Have tried resetting and still low volume output. Checked all cables and they are connected correctly