Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
spoysers
Visitor

I've just discovered who owns Gracenote, oh the irony :thinking:

alralph15
Visitor

Hi

I found the same yesterday.:smileydevil:

I had this reply from my local sony service centre, as it would appear  I am not the only person in the local area waiting for a "fix". I may give the Gigajuke  another try over the weekend to see if anything has changed on the sly with gracenote.

Hello

I have spoken to my engineer. He has a few items waiting on this information in his workshop.

Sony are aware of the problem, but have not got a fix for it as of yet.

Regards,

Becki Leachman

Peterborough Video Services

Papyrus Road

Werrington

Peterborough

PE4 5BH

Tel: 01733 328888

Fax: 01733 577700

tobler2
Visitor

Perhaps they'd like to come round to my house - I'll reproduce the b****y error for them!!!:smileyangry:

niwilfo
Explorer

latest from Sony @14-10 to my case

"Are you using your unit with the USB Wi-Fi adaptor? If so, as a temporary fix you can remove the adaptor and then re-start the product and then replace the adaptor.

Does this work as a temporary fix for you?

The original issue like you have already mentioned is now under investigation."

After 4 weeks under investigation finally

deliveryboy
Visitor

Hi Guys, (newbie here),

I too am experiencing problems with the NAS-SC55PKE Gigajuke system that started at exactly the same time as everyone elses.

However, my problem is slightly different!

My unit stays in standby with a little red light flashing, but won't turn on?

I have tried the power/stop button procedure, but without the unit turning on, nothing happens.

Again I have tried removing the dongle, but without power, it does nothing!

Any ideas how I can at least power up to try the fixes mentioned or to attempt a software upgrade?

I have three units connected and now, apart from attracting dust, I am getting grief for spending so much for something that does not work!

PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE SHE NAGS ME TO DEATH  !!  :cry:

Message was edited by: deliveryboy

spoysers
Visitor

@deliveryboy

Red light flashing indicates speaker-protection has kicked in (see page 120 of the manual).

Disconnect power, check speaker cables and then power up whilst crossing your fingers :smileyhappy:.

HTH

HDFatboy96
Visitor

I do find it funny how comments are edited on here so quickly because of bad language. It's just a pity that Sony aren't quite as quick at keeping their customers happy by sorting this balls-up out. (Wait for the edit!!)

What do they expect? For us all to take it on the chin that the vast amount of money we've spent on it has been wasted? Do me a favour, when I'm ever in the market again for electronics I'll avoid Sony like the plague.

Is there anyone out there with a reasonably good knowledge of the law because, as I said earlier, I'm fairly sure the Sale of Goods Act might be of some help here. Failing that, give Watchdog a mail, like I did. The more of us that do may 'prompt' them into something resembling action!

Still, I suppose we should think ourselves lucky these things aren't spontaneously combusting like some of their TV's..........

deliveryboy
Visitor

@spoysers

Thank you for the quick response!

Will dig out manual, (or download online), and check it out.

Let you know!

Cheers Bill

Update ........

Checked speaker connections, aerials, dongle still no power up?

Disconnected speakers, aerials, dongle individually and all at once, still no power up?

Hit it, slapped it, swore at it, still no power up?

:cry:

alralph15
Visitor

Hi All,

I tried mine again yesterday.

Loaded on 2 new CD's I bought. Then it started to lockup etc...So no secret fixes with Gracenote or Software updates available, so it back to playing CD's in the old fashioned way.

I have sent an email to trading standards (consumer direct) asking for some advice, regarding a product that only 2 years old, is non functional, and cant be fixed to see if I can claim in the small claims court that the product is not fit for purpose. I also asked whats a reasonable time to wait for a fix from Sony.I will let you know what reply I get.

regards

Alan

alralph15
Visitor

Did you also see the other new thread on this forum about Shoutcast.

I checked and found that on the sony NAS-C5E (part of the gigajuke system) that Shoutcast would not work Only live 365.

Alan