Join now - be part of our community!

HAP-Z1ES HDD-player, problem with file numbering

SOLVED
Zero123

HAP-Z1ES HDD-player, problem with file numbering

Hi!

Last week I received my new HAP-Z1ES player and have since been tranferring audio files to it's hard drive.

I have a problem with double albums which both have tracks numbered 1., 2., 3., etc.

The player arranges tracks so that it plays first both number 1. tracks then number 2. tracks and so on.

I've tried to change the numbering in players hard drive after transferring them and in computer's hard drive before I tranfer them to player with no luck.

The player sort of combines double albums to one album.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zero123

Hi!

Now I got the iPad and I'm happy to say that HDD Audio Remote program on iPad solved all my problems with track playing order. With the application track info can be changed so that tracks now play in correct order.

App functions very well and fast and is nice looking too.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Great piece of kit - sound is amazing from what I've heard. I'm toying with getting the S1 myself so let me check with the product manager as I'd be curious to the answer to this one as well. There must be a solution or a way to tweak the tags so they are played correctly.

Thanks

Zero123

Hi!

Yes I like the sound of the player very much. I've bought some hi-res audio files and I'm mostly playing them.

So far I have not found DSD file downloads in Europe. There's classic music, but I'm not in to it.

The track number problem is the only trouble I've had with the palyer.

Thanks for your interest!

Catmambo
Contributor

So one workaround the guys suggested was creating a specific playlist for those double albums to make sure it plays the tracks in the right order. I guess this has pro's and con's but is a usable workaround for now at least and maybe can be addressed with future updates or something...

Zero123

OK!  Thank you very much!

I'll try that tonight.

Zero123

Just noticed, that I can't try the above mentioned solution because I don't have either tablet or smartphone.

HDD Remote can't be used with a computer.

I think it's a bit odd, that you can't make those lists with computer.

Another oddity is, that the players USB-connector can't be used to transfer files from computer with USB-cable. That would surely be a much faster way to transfer files.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes the app is only for iOS or Android I think.

AFAIK USB connections are based around a master/slave or host/slave relationship, i.e one device controls the other like a USB Hard disk is controlled by a computer. Both these are host devices so you can't connect them together. Thats just how USB works as a protocol.

Thanks

Zero123

Yes. Your answer makes sense.

In a few days I will get my hands on an older model iPad and I'm going to try Sony's HDD Audio Remote program to fix the little issues I have with track order.

Generally I'm very pleased with the player. Build is very solid and sound is great. I've ripped some CD's to it's hard drive and I think they sound somehow better played from the harddrive.

Hi-res audio files, that I've bought and downloaded sound even better.

If only I  could find some DSD audio files to my liking. I've read that DSD files are the best sounding.

Catmambo
Contributor

Great, yes at least if you are able to get an iPad, you can make a few changes to the playlists etc.

Could well sound better with the DSD & DSEE function... At the bottom of our hub page, we have a link to all the major vendors of tracks - http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/high-resolution-audio maybe oneof them sells DSD files?

Thanks for the feedback, though I'm not pleased you are making me want to buy one even more!! :wink:

Zero123

Hi!

Now I got the iPad and I'm happy to say that HDD Audio Remote program on iPad solved all my problems with track playing order. With the application track info can be changed so that tracks now play in correct order.

App functions very well and fast and is nice looking too.