Join now - be part of our community!

Help Please. NAS-CZ1

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
butcherhayes
Visitor

Help Please. NAS-CZ1

I have had my Nas-Cz1 system since it was first released back in 2007/2008. I had it connected to my PC for a couple of years, then just left it as a CD player and never bothered trying to connect it back to my PC. Now i would like to once again connect it up to my PC, but I have not got any software ( M-Crew Server ). I would like to know if it is possible to get it up and running again, as i have a fairly extensive music collection, and i think it would be nice to get the use out of it. The problem's that i see are there are no download links for M-Crew server, or maybe there is a new software i need and M-Crew is no more ? Also, i have noted that there are a lot of people saying it is not possible to use the NAS-CZ1 with a windows 7 PC. I would love to see if someone out there can resolve this issue and found a work around to the problem. I am running windows 7 Pro. 64Bit. I would hate to just use it as a CD player, as it is like new, and seems to be a waste for me to replace it when it is working, all be it without the PC connection, Perfectly. Somebody please give me good news and tell me the way to get it connected. I can use Wireless or LAN connections as i have a CAT5 cable running to the room i am going to use it in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Convergence
Visitor

Hi the NAS-CZ1 is a very basic DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant product, you will need a server that will broadcast only PCM, more modern product can receive a lot more formats, that is why Media Player 12 is an issue, something like Serviio with a Generic setting should work, unfortunately M-Crew is not Windows 7 or 64Bit compatible

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Convergence
Visitor

Hi the NAS-CZ1 is a very basic DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant product, you will need a server that will broadcast only PCM, more modern product can receive a lot more formats, that is why Media Player 12 is an issue, something like Serviio with a Generic setting should work, unfortunately M-Crew is not Windows 7 or 64Bit compatible