Join now - be part of our community!

How to limit Spotify volume on STR-DN1080?

profile.country.GB.title
ssbarnea

170821-1732.png

I was unable to find any option for limiting the maximum volume level for Spotify apps. I am forced to use a volume that is very close to zero and is very easy to mis-click and end-up with a volume that will tear the house down.

Clearly we need a way to limit the upper-volume level so we can use normal volume controls in our apps.

It seems that we have the same kind of problem with BT, not only with Spotify Coonect.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
sirgino
New

Just to reiterate, this problem is not just with Spotify, but also Bluetooth and Chromecast.  I posted about this same problem on the US Sony Community Forums and created an account here just to commiserate with you.

Here was my post in the US: http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/STR-DN1080-Adjust-Volume-Offset-on-Individual-Sou...

You'll not be surprised to see that there has been zero acknowledgment from Sony Support since I posted it over a month ago.  (The same is true for my support request for their Audio Control API that was recently released - again, no support from Sony.  I'm sensing a theme here.).

PLEASE SONY, ALLOW US TO SET VOLUME OFFSETS ON INDIVIDUAL SOURCES THROUGH A FIRMWARE UPDATE.  My old Onkyo did this for 5+ years via the Intellivolume feature.  I was absolutely shocked when I discovered I can't do anything similar with this Sony receiver.