Join now - be part of our community!

HT CT800 - Major HDMI Issues

profile.country.GB.title
JohnMather88
New

HT CT800 - Major HDMI Issues

I have recently bought a HT CT800 Soundbar. I have this connected via arc to my TV, and i have a PC connected to the HDMI Input on the soundbar.

I would say maybe 40% of the time this works with no issues. The other 60% of the time, the soundbar doesn't pick up a signal from the PC.

If the Soundbar is turned off, the signal from the PC comes to the TV, but with no sound. (shows under the 'TV' Input) If i go to the input on the menu on the soundbar and select the HDMI channel the PC is connected to the screen goes blank for maybe 2 seconds, and then the input menu comes back

When the PC is turned on, the soundbar picks up the signal and shows the windows loading logo, then the screen goes black and nothing.

Obviously this is infuriating as I know everything is working ok as I said before, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If anyone can shed some insight into this it would be greatly appreciated as at this moment in time i am debating on throwing this thing out of the window

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried unplugging everything for a few minutes?

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
JohnMather88
New

Sorry for the late response, I lost access to my emails for a while. 

yes, I tried unplugging everything for a while, made no difference. 

It seems to be a very inconsistent issue. I cannot seem to recreate the issue. I just happens every now and then. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sorry, have you try a different HDMI cable?

profile.country.GB.title
JohnMather88
New

Yes, I tried different HDMI Cables, I tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting it as though it was a new install and it still wasnt working. 

It is currently working but nothing changed, I turned everything off for the 100th time and when it turned back on everything was working. 

It just seems to happen randomly with no way to recreate the problem so I can't work out what it is