Join now - be part of our community!

ht fx 9000 and KD-55XG8505

profile.country.US.title
JakeTheDane
Explorer

ht fx 9000 and KD-55XG8505

I cant seeem to get the soundbar display to work with my tv which is a KD-55XG8505. 

I assumed there would be compatibility since the ht fx 9000 was listed as a compatible soundbar in the tv home theater list?

I have tried to connect through different HDMI ports on the TV and i also have the optical cable connected to the tv

Is there something i can do? 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

A soundbar primary scope is to manage sound. And you cannot use any HDMI but only the ARC one, nor you have to connect it also using the optical. What are you trying to do? 

profile.country.US.title
JakeTheDane
Explorer

I only did use the arc on the soundbar, sorry if I werent specific enough, I meant different HDMI ports on the tv.

But I want the display to show up from the soundbar to be on the tv screen. 

Whenever I press buttons on the soundbar remote I am not getting any feedback as to what I am doing. 

Although I saw in reviews that it should tell me on screen when I change sound mode and turn up and down the volume etc.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@JakeTheDane  ha scritto:

I only did use the arc on the soundbar, sorry if I werent specific enough, I meant different HDMI ports on the tv.

You cannot use the ARC port of the soundbar on any HDMI port of the tv other than the arc one.

Does the soundbar works? Does the home menu show when the home button is pressed?

profile.country.US.title
JakeTheDane
Explorer

Sound bar works, on any HDMI port no issues.

I just need it to show me what's going on when I do stuff with the remote.

The only option I have right now is to actually switch to the HDMI ports in which it is connected and change the options there for it if I want to know whether or not things are on and off.

I want the screen overlay to work so when I press the soundbar remote. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry it cannot be, unless you did connect the soundbar via optical (that's not the best setup). And still I'm confused on what you want to show, there is not something as a "screen overlay" AFAIK

profile.country.US.title
JakeTheDane
Explorer

I have seen videos of proppe reviewing this specific soundbar, and then they turn the volume up and down it would show on the screen

When they turned the subwoofer up and down it would show on the screen 

And when they changed sound mode it would also show on the screen

This is what I am after because as of right not I have to guess if something is on or not, because it doesn't tell me

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Turning the volume up and down will be shown by the tv graphics with any soundbar, for the rest please point me out where to see the video you are referring to