Join now - be part of our community!

is there an updated NS Setup tool?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jgagen
Visitor

is there an updated NS Setup tool?

Hi all,

Trying to set up my wireless speaker. Windows XP, windows 7, android 2.3 and Sony android 4.1. Can not find the device.  However airplay and DNLA both work.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

jgagen wrote:

Hi all,

Trying to set up my wireless speaker. Windows XP, windows 7, android 2.3 and Sony android 4.1. Can not find the device. However airplay and DNLA both work.

Help!

Hi jgagen,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The version of NSsetup that I used when setting up a SA-NS airplay speaker using was version 1.0.0..

The only problem I had with a NS speaker set-up was that I could not connect my speaker to my wifi network, it turned out it was the router firewall that was the problem, have you tried disabling the firewall.?

jgagen
Visitor

Thanks for answering,

I would understand it was a firewall/router problem if I could not use the DLNA ( throw from my xperia Z phone on Wifi to the Ethernet connected SA-NS410 ) after resetting. Also works fine from my Mac iTunes Ethernet to the Speaker on Airplay ).

If it is the Firewall/Rouer, what ports? All Firewalls off in XP and Win7, still can not connect.

I presume the Configuration is to rename the device and enable the WiFi, but as it fails to connect I have no idea what the setup tool even does?

jgagen
Visitor

OK, once the device is reset, the device website can be accessed to configure... ( on its IP addess, see your DHCP table or use Bonjour in Safari )

So for what is the NS Setup ( on any platform ) for??