Join now - be part of our community!

Micro Hi-Fi CMT-S20B Help

denon77
New

Micro Hi-Fi CMT-S20B Help

Hi.... Looking for some help. I have just bought a Micro System a CMT-S20B, I bought it as I thought it was a smart wee system with DAB radio built in and a USB slot for connecting my iPhone.... And this is where the problem lies. It will not recognise anything via the USB slot, it just keeps saying 'no USB'. I double checked online and the system is def advertised as being compatible for charging and playing via the USB. So I exchanged it for a replacement just incase it was faulty, but same result. Can anyone advise if they know the unit and if it should work my smartphone via the USB.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I also brought one of these systems, for my daughter for christmas.

I had spoken to someone in the shop it came from who ashored me it would work with an ipod/iphone.....but it hasn't. the instructions say it supports MP3 so I converted my intire itunes library from AAP files to MP3 and it still does not work! The display still says "no USB".

I'm off to take it back to the shop it came from and see what they suggest.

Sorry it doesn't help your problem but your not the only one to have this issue!

Thanks

Hi,

I emailed Sony directly regarding this and they said it is not compatible with any Apple device. I took mine back to the shop and have got a refund.

Now buying a pioneer that does it all....and has a dock!!!!

gorgosli
New

Same problem too plus other issues which not apparent when you buy it from a shop. Very, very disappointed and browned off with a product that does not match the standard of the old Sony micro audio system it is replacing. What an absolute pain.

rrodder
New

i had to buy a connector for the audio speaker plug to connect to the back of the unit

then i could use the mp3 ipod

profile.country.LV.title
sodalite56
New

For your USB device, you must format it with "fat", not fat32, ntf, ...