Join now - be part of our community!

Multiroom listen to tv over multiroom

RillDeverill
Explorer

Multiroom listen to tv over multiroom

I have a Ct790 with a sony android TV and two sony wireless speakers srs-zr5.

I can get wireless surround working and multiroom working through google casting.

I was told in the shop that I can share my TV sound shared across multiple speakers so that I can listen to the tv feed in another room. I can not get this working what do I need to do?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can confirm that your devices are on the multi-room compatibility list, see HERE.

In regards to setting it up, you need to download and install an app on your phone/tablet called "Songpal".  Some instructions are HERE.

Also, Sony have created a series of webpages, see:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/multiroom-wireless/

Cheers

RillDeverill
Explorer

Good afternoon,

I have the app installed and the wireless surround is working. I can even multicast from my phone to all the speakers fine from the app. I want  to enable the sound on my CT790 sound bar from the TV (ARC) to the wireless speakers so that I can listen to the tv in the kitchen but i can't find the option.

RillDeverill
Explorer

After the phone call this afternoon this did not fix my problem.

As far as I can tell page 38 instructs to setup wireless surround only. I am trying to play audio from my tv on the sound bar CT790 to my srs-zr5 speakers like multiroom.

See below: I have the setup working as below.

[cid:image002.png@01D266CB.B503E010]

What I was told in the shop would work is to play the audio on the SRS-ZR5 speakers in different rooms so when watching tv and I go into another room I can hear the TV. See below: In wireless surround mode I only hear the surround bits so normally no voices just the surround effects.

[cid:image004.png@01D266CB.B503E010]

Please advise if this is unclear and on a new solution.

Thomas Deverill DipHE MBCS
[MBCS-s]
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Was it Sony that you called?  If so, do you have a Case ID number?

To be honest, I dont know how to help you as I dont have your equipment to experiment with and have little knowledge on multi-room setups.  I can only refer to the FAQs that Sony have published.

If you don't have a case ID number - I will escalate this thread to Sony Support for them to assist you on this.

Cheers