Join now - be part of our community!

My DAB (XDR-DS12iP) has been working fine until I switched it on and the DAB is frozen and won't search. I can't seem to get onto the menu either! Help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anthonyrabbit
Visitor

My DAB (XDR-DS12iP) has been working fine until I switched it on and the DAB is frozen and won't search. I can't seem to get onto the menu either! Help!

I've even set it up in different rooms and checked the FM (It's an awful signal but it is searching!). Does anybody know if there's anything I can do short of taking it back!?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
norbet
Visitor

I found a solution - unplug from mains, remove button cell (backup) battery from unit and leave it 20 mins.

When you plug it back in the unit will have reset and will scan for stations and obtain the time/date. Reinsert the backup batttery and the unit should work again (mine did).

Not sure what caused this freeze - suspect the DAB radio got stuck on a station with a weak signal and this caused some sort of software error.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
norbet
Visitor

Mine too, did you find a solution?

norbet
Visitor

I found a solution - unplug from mains, remove button cell (backup) battery from unit and leave it 20 mins.

When you plug it back in the unit will have reset and will scan for stations and obtain the time/date. Reinsert the backup batttery and the unit should work again (mine did).

Not sure what caused this freeze - suspect the DAB radio got stuck on a station with a weak signal and this caused some sort of software error.

gunnagettaname
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. I had exactly the same problem but followed your advice and now have 33 DAB stations working great.

norbet
Visitor

My "solution" is somewhat flawed - yes it resets the unit, but there's an underlying problem with the radio tuner that keeps recurring - since purchase at Xmas, i've had to reset on countless occasions. Today while reprogramming the presets and alarms having reset after yet another freeze, it froze again. This is not satisfactory, so it's going to the Sonycentre for replacement.

This product is not fit for purpose!:smileyangry: Shame I'd expected better from Sony

margetts
Visitor

I have had the same problem took mine back Curry's where purchase it they checked it confirmed the problem exchange for a new one got home set it up very easy to do but this one has the same problem like you will be going to a Sony centre with it. Shame because I like the sound and all the features

Message was edited by: margetts

Jane-2
Visitor

I too have the same problem, I am on my 2nd radio. 1st one took 8 months for the problem to come to light, 2nd one took only 1.5 months! Why should you need to constantly keep taking out the battery to get the thing to work surely with all of their technology this sort of thing would be something you did in the good old days! Really really disappointed in Sony as the sound quality when it works is brilliant.:smileysad: