Join now - be part of our community!

NAS-E300HD Giga Juke - help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lauren1998
Visitor

NAS-E300HD Giga Juke - help

Have had the Giga Juke for 4 years - have lots of music saved on it...love it

However today it has developed a problem......my local Sony shop has closed so no one local to seek help from. All started when i put CD in it played for about 1 min then shut down....system went on to standby so switched everyth off....and switched on agaiin and tried the ipod....think i got 1 whole song then again switched off and onto standby.....tried again this time to play some of the music stored on it got a couple of songs worth then then same problem.....anyone out there know if there is something I can do or try .....

or if its something that could be easily fixed - now local sony shop closed dont know if there is anyone local who could repair.....would probably have to be sony i would think, really really want it back up and running as i love it - all my music is stored on it and dont want to loose it all......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lauren1998
Visitor

i am pleased to say everything is working again......I have been trawling the interent trying to find out if anyone else had the same problem  - found a couple of people who sorted the problem by turning the unit over and giving the underside a few taps with their hand......from what i have read I didnt think that i was going to find anywhere to get the unit fixed and I have noticed it is not even made anymore....so thought it would be worth a try......I unplugged the speakers and ipod dock, turned over and lightly tapped the base of the unit....and hey presto everything is now as good as it was before......

I am curious to know however why this has worked........I have 2 friends who also have the same units touch wood mine is the only one to have had a problem in just over 4 years.......so fingers crossed things stay as they are for a while yet....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lauren1998
Visitor

i am pleased to say everything is working again......I have been trawling the interent trying to find out if anyone else had the same problem  - found a couple of people who sorted the problem by turning the unit over and giving the underside a few taps with their hand......from what i have read I didnt think that i was going to find anywhere to get the unit fixed and I have noticed it is not even made anymore....so thought it would be worth a try......I unplugged the speakers and ipod dock, turned over and lightly tapped the base of the unit....and hey presto everything is now as good as it was before......

I am curious to know however why this has worked........I have 2 friends who also have the same units touch wood mine is the only one to have had a problem in just over 4 years.......so fingers crossed things stay as they are for a while yet....