Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with fixed RCA outputs on Sony audio system and connected subwoofer?

profile.country.HR.title
Nevenzg
Explorer

Problem with fixed RCA outputs on Sony audio system and connected subwoofer?

Hello, 

I have audio system Sony MHC V77DW and got a problem. This system doesn't have very big bass (on low frequencies) so I bought a subwoofer Dali Sub E9 F. The main problem is that Sony system has only RCA outputs, not LFE and probably Sony's RCA outputs are fixed and not variable because the woofer always stays at his level and that's not good. 

Details: 

Alright, so I wired the red channel from Sony out to the red channel on my subwoofer. And this is working great. Since this Sony system has wireless, chromecast, bluetooth etc, I always cast music from my mobile or laptop with bluetooth or chromecast. And when I use bluetooth it's great, I set the volume of the subwoofer (his volume) compare to main speakers and if I turn the volume (from Sony) up or down the woofer is going up and down too. BUT, if I'm casting music, or TV or anything else except bluetooth, the woofer always stays at his level. 

Is there any solution for this? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

There is support page for your MHC V77DW here that may provide some useful information for you.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU 

profile.country.HR.title
Nevenzg
Explorer

Thank you but I have already checked this and there is no any solution. I can't believe that Sony didn't make more options for its output like LFE or optical output or variable RCA or anything... I got this system for a gift and it's too cool to buy something else now but it's bad that there isn't any other options...