Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DVP-NS9100es firmware update not available in UK

profile.country.GB.title
anjump123
Explorer

Sony DVP-NS9100es firmware update not available in UK

Once again Sony UK fail to support it's customers! 

A known fault in some models is acknowledged and a fix issued in the US

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/home-video-dvd-players-recorders/dvp-ns9100es/downloads/W00...

In the UK on the Sony.uk website there is no firmware update and if you contact Sony support they lazily refer you back to the website even after you point out the update on the US site!!!! 

Others in the UK have had the same issue and the same "computer says no" response

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-dvp-ns9100es-firmware.932068/

Why??

Do we not deserve to see the pictures as those in USA?? Do we not deserve as least as much???

Sony UK seem to not care as much as Sony US or pioneer or kenwood or Naim or arcam or .........

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ anjump123, my advice is to report the issue, they should start an investigation.

Or you can elaborate here and we can help.

profile.country.GB.title
anjump123
Explorer

Hi Hannah

I've reported it twice to Sony uk, got the usual lazy response. Telephoned them got the same asked them to escalate it but I expect I will get the same results.

I previously had one of these which I upgraded and modified at considerable cost and effort but couldn't get the calibration discs so it was bricked. 

Against my better judgement I bought another one to transfer the upgrade parts into but this problem came up and I don't want to have a matching brick!!

Thank you 

The issue is as defined in the firmware update on the sony.com site the video works on component but not on HDMI on my panasonic tv 

profile.country.GB.title
anjump123
Explorer

BTW the 1st one failed with a laser fault some years after the upgrade and sounded great.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ anjump123, I see your point of view. Let us know if anything new happened.