Join now - be part of our community!

Sony home cinema BDV-E2100 - sound levels

SOLVED
lososos
New

Sony home cinema BDV-E2100 - sound levels

Hope somebody out there can help. We have just set up this system, but I could do with some advice.

Decible levels - where/at what level should these be set? No guidance whatsoever in the download manual.

Power protect overload - we are having a real problem with this. The system cuts out completely whenever a moderate sound level is reached. Its impossible to have the sound up high. Again, there is nothing in the user download manual that covers this.

Hope someone can help

lososos  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Decibel Levels:

Ive been trying to find a good resource for you, but its actually quite difficult.  The best that I can come up with (in hopefully laymen terms) is this : HERE - I know its for AV receivers, but much of it can be cross referenced to your system.

In general though, the decibel level settings are for you to adjust or fine tune each speakers volume, depending on the layout of where its placed and where you sit.  As an example, I have a 7.1 setup, my rear speakers are a little distance from where I generally sit, so I turn up the decibel level a bit.  I have two side speakers which I am almost on top of, so the decibel level is far lower.  This gives me a more even volume level - hearing the rear speakers, without being blasted by the two sides.

Power Protect Overload:

A rather difficult one here to be honest.  I dont suppose you get this when a USB drive is plugged in by any chance.  The only reference that I can find is in the following picture below.

Overload BDV-E2100.jpg

To be honest, If this is not it or even if it is and it constantly happens, I would probably get the unit exchanged for another one, considering that you have just purchased this system.

Anyway, I hope that assists you

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Decibel Levels:

Ive been trying to find a good resource for you, but its actually quite difficult.  The best that I can come up with (in hopefully laymen terms) is this : HERE - I know its for AV receivers, but much of it can be cross referenced to your system.

In general though, the decibel level settings are for you to adjust or fine tune each speakers volume, depending on the layout of where its placed and where you sit.  As an example, I have a 7.1 setup, my rear speakers are a little distance from where I generally sit, so I turn up the decibel level a bit.  I have two side speakers which I am almost on top of, so the decibel level is far lower.  This gives me a more even volume level - hearing the rear speakers, without being blasted by the two sides.

Power Protect Overload:

A rather difficult one here to be honest.  I dont suppose you get this when a USB drive is plugged in by any chance.  The only reference that I can find is in the following picture below.

Overload BDV-E2100.jpg

To be honest, If this is not it or even if it is and it constantly happens, I would probably get the unit exchanged for another one, considering that you have just purchased this system.

Anyway, I hope that assists you

Cheers.

lososos
New

Hi

Many thanks. Very helpful. I had decisded that the decibel figures should be used as you say, just poor lack of info from Sony. In the paperwork that comes with the unit there is no info to provide any help or info on this. You are left to your own inititive.

The Power issue.

We purchased to the unit from Amazon and they are being quite helpful - I am just waiting on a reply from them to hopefully return just the unit and not all the spks. Would seem pointless in returning everything when all that's at fault is the main unit. 

Again, many thanks for your information and help.

Regards

Peter

gostgost1
New

Hi,

I have also a problem with my blue ray BVD 2100.

Since connected to Bravia TV, the image of DVD's/BD's is interrupted every 1-2 minutes for 1-2 Sec (TV black screen , like turned off)... after this short brake image is comming back..

Somebody can help me to understand ?

Many thanks,

Laurentiu

Tags (1)