Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-CT80 constantly flashing lights

forainbow
New

Sony HT-CT80 constantly flashing lights

Hi guys,

I've got this sound bar with Sony TV that I bought on Amazon. Everything was fine with the sound bar until today. Once I turned it on, all the lights (optical, analog, USB, bluetooth) keep flashing non-stop, one after another in an endless cycle. It does not react to anything except turning it on/off and tuning volume down/up until 3 lights are flashing indicating that volume is at minimum/maximum. I managed to "fix" it by holding volume down for a minute or so and everything worked fine for about 20 minutes and then again the same thing started. I managed to apply this temporary "fix" one more time, but it seems now that it has gone absolutely crazy. I tried everything, resetting, turning on/off, disconnecting main lead, play audio via bluetooth/USB, nothing helps. I haven't found any solutions only either. Any suggestions what's wrong with it?

8 REPLIES 8
Nomis89
New

I currently have the same issue... .Sony please could you help?

profile.country.GB.title
Crisco5107
New

Mine is doing the same thing anybody help?

inveni0
New

My sound bar just started doing this last night. Resetting didn't work. It seems to be constantly turning up the volume until it's at max, hence the three flashing lights. I can hold the volume down button to get the volume to go down, but once I let go, it starts turning up again, reaching max volume, and then flashing the three lights. Did you ever get this fixed?

Tlm028
New

I'm having the same issue as you. Have you got a fix yet?!

profile.country.US.title
Jru111
New

Having the same problem with my CT180. Can’t find a fix anywhere. 

I have the same issue and can’t find any info on this anywhere

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Mark,

I believe the unit needs inspection by Sony's repair center, get in touch with Sony reps to guide you to the nearest one.

Sinoos
New

Anyone got it fixed ?? I have same issue, volume goes MAX. 

EDIT:

found easy solution:

https://youtu.be/xdy8COKlKmg

Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar repair that takes a little electronics know-how and about $1.50 worth of pushbutton switches Symptoms of needing this repair: Volume going to max on it's own, orange flashing lights, bluetooth frequently disconnecting