Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DH790 - watch HDMI & listen to SA-CD at same time

profile.country.GB.title
Layolayo
New

STR-DH790 - watch HDMI & listen to SA-CD at same time

Hi, this is already asked but not answered, it is a requirement for myself. Being able to view video to TV but listen to something else.

So watch the football and listen to CD player, it appears this is not possible, to listen to the CD we have to watch a black screen.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@Layolayo So you want to listen to the CD from the player and watch the football through the HDMI of the player as well ?

Or do you have a 3rd device connected ?

profile.country.GB.title
Layolayo
New

Yes, that is correct. 

To watch the media box channel and listen to the SA-CD input

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

I don’t have the same AV as you but use a Marantz AV receiver and I can watch TV pictures whilst listening to a CD player.

Try the following and see if the Sony receiver will allow you to do this.

My Sony XR-42A90K is connected by HDMI to the Marantz using the eARC and ARC HDMI connections.

My CD player is connected to the Marantz via RCA connecters.

To start with have the TV on, turn on the CD player and start playing, I then press the button I have mapped to switch the source to the CD player and now I can listen to the CD whilst watching TV. 

(if the picture jumps back to a black screen try pressing the TV button on your TVs remote and see if it restores the picture but still gives you sound from the CD.

I can also listen music or radio via my computer using the optical input whilst viewing TV.

I can also watch items on a USB device connected to the TV while listening to CDs.

Your Sony AV may not function exactly like the Marantz but give it a go anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
Altiar
Community Team

@Layolayo I think it is possible to use multiple devices with your device separately, but you can't play 2 different content on the same device as shown here