Join now - be part of our community!

TA A1 ES repair

profile.country.GB.title
Nigel-ES
New

TA A1 ES repair

Hello everyone. 

A newbie here. 

I have had Sony HAP Z1ES for about two years and love it. Especially the firmware upgrades which have transformed the player from a superb standalone player to one which not functions as a media server too. 

So I'd always wanted a TA A1 ES to go with it, and finally I found one online and bought it from a german retailer.

Unfortunately it doesn't work .... the amplifer turns on for a couple of seconds and then the power LED turns red. The user manual says this could be down to a speaker short-out, needless to say it isn't. 

So I call Sony they advise taking to a local repair centre - who take a look and say they can't do the job as they are not trained. 

My quesiton is: does anyone know of a repair centre in the UK that has been trained? I've spoken to another who has said that they will take a look, but it is clear they haven't seen an A1 ES before, and therefure I'm reluctant to take it to someone who may not understand what they are dealing with.

Any help in finding someone, or if you are an authorised repair centre that has seen one before please let me know!!

Best regards, Nigel Stacey

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing a search:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

If nothing comes up, please reply back and Ill pass this thread onto Sony for them to advise.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nigel-ES
New

Thanks very much. Will take a look over the weekend and get back to you either way. I appreciate the offer of help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome :slight_smile: