Join now - be part of our community!

Turntable PS-HX500 recording software problem with Windows 11

profile.country.GB.title
josousa14
Explorer

Turntable PS-HX500 recording software problem with Windows 11

Having the PS-HX500 turntable for 2 years, used a lot to digitalise my vinil collection using the exclusive app Hi-Res Audio Recorder. Used on my laptop with windows 10. Worked perfectly.

Now I've bought a new laptop with windows 11 pro. After instaled the Hi-Res Audio Recorder, to my surprise the app window is so small that it's almost impossible to see the information on it. No option to resize/maximise the app window.

Contacted sony support explaining the problem and got the following answer:

"(...) Thank you for contacting Sony support.
We are sorry to learn that the recorder windows is too small and can not be re-sized on Windows 11 Pro.
With reference to your enquiry, we can confirm that the device is not yet compatible with Windows 11 and we cannot confirm unfortuantely if a software will be released or not baring in mind that the product is manufactured back in 2016.(...)"

Anyone with the same problem? Any thoughts or sugestions?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

You never could resize the HR recorder windows from start.

I guess your new screen resolution is to high...you'll have to change it until Sony update the software for higher resolution screen.

profile.country.GB.title
josousa14
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think there'll be an update to Hi-Res Audio Recorder software any time soon??

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi josousa14, Sony has been upgrading a lot of software  lately to keep up with the Windows 11, figers crossed this one gets updated as well. You can keep an eye on the support page to see the new updates. 

profile.country.GB.title
josousa14
Explorer

Hope so!

Thanks for your reply.

profile.country.GB.title
AMomentaryLapse
New

Was this problem ever resolved?

profile.country.GB.title
josousa14
Explorer

Only works downgrading the screen resolution.

Still waiting for a software upgrade to work in windows 11 on a proper way.

Thanks for asking.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Thanks for the "sad" update @josousa14 

Tags (1)