Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
webferret
Explorer

Nothing from Sony on their Dutch support page...

I'm wondering what they are about to tell us. I know for one thing; they lost al lot of trust from their loyal fans!

RLWilhelm
Explorer

VTuner up and running in Germany. Looks like some new menu additions. So nice to have it back - now I just need to re-load all my presets which I lost by doing a hard reset back when this all started.

Thank you Sony!

The sad thing is that the communications on this issue where handled rather poorly from the start which lead to a lost of frustrated consumers. It had definitely eroded the Sony brand and image: should be something for Senior Management to take a look at to prevent a reoccurrence.

profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Morning all vtuner users.

I can confirm vtuner back on line in uk.

No news from sony or explanation.

thankyou to all sony owners who have contributed to this discussion, let's hope we don't have to go through it again

scorpionfloyd

UK reporting,

Vtuner is now working., thanks to Sony/Vtuner whoever to get it working again, I hope it stays.

Did we overreact??

thanks

mat_sony_01

Back in France too!!!
It's so good to have music back.
Hope it won't happen again until my radio dies.

The lesson I get: I'll never buy again a product based on a unique service provider.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

No we did not. Abysmal response from Sony when vTuner went down, not the
way to treat customers who parted with not an insignificant amount if hard
earned money!
scorpionfloyd

Agreed - but they did provide us a forum and a community to vent.. all you know they may have been working in the background sorting out the issue.

anwyays good that its back and hope it for good.

i am just chlling with my ambient psychedlic tunes:)

thanks Sony again - hope they will _social_listen_ this.

richardc79

Glad to hear it is functioning again!

In my opinion we didn't overreact.

It was down for more then a month without any proper communication and/or explanation from Sony (and/or vTuner).

Still i am not really satisfied, cause there is still no official statement about the working of vTuner and we still don't have any guarantee for the future about the vTuner fucntion on our Sony devices.

In my opinion this could happen again at every time?

So, yes i am very glad that the problem is gone now, but on the other hand I am still angry about the lack of support and communication from Sony to us as there customers.

I hope they will give us a proper statement or explanation, but i don't think that is going to happen...

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

They were working in background but keeping us, the end user, out of the
loop. Thus was not just a simple technical failure, they do not take so
long to fix, this was in my mind about service charges and politically
based!
scorpionfloyd

Yes ok.

they did communicate the same via http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement about the service being down. However they did not divulge the reason (maybe as you say commercial and/or political)

They may have negotiated a deal now.

Glad its back.

time for work arounds? Maybe use that as a key for next time (if at all go forbid)

here is mine..

I had vtuner on my ipad browser and had connected via USB to my sony 2BNIP device.  I could listen to all the stations with the same quality. The only issue was the radio station / name of the song was not displayed on the sony device panel.

Others?