Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Thanks Quinnicus,

At least we now know that the vTuner service is a problem and that SONY now
recognise that!
It would appear to be a vTuner problem rather than SONY so apologies for
thinking SONY problem if it is out of there hands.
Maybe it might be a consideration for SONY to add a self-managed web-based
services to replace vTuner!
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

I've also logged a ticket with the Sony Entertainment Network support guys,

Basically the guy I spoke to could not give me specific information about SEN/vTuner unavailability. Despite advising that I had just updated the 1040 firmware, with no change, I was asked to do a full factory reset. Whilst I can understand that as a final option, I've declined to do that on the basis that:

1 There are more cases registered in forums such as this to suggest I've got a standalone problem. There is clearly something amiss with the backend service

2 I know from previous experience that being coerced into resetting hardware can lead to a non-result, and in the case of my 1040 I certainly don't relish spending a long time afterwards, reinstating my personal configuration, as I have some fiddly connection assignments going on, which all work quite nicely just now!

Reading this thread has been useful as I had assumed vTuner was part of Sony Corp, which seems not to be the case.

However. if a manufacturer (Sony) uses a third party service (vTuner, it seems) they do have some responsibility to manage the service they are making available via their kit, and to keep customers informed as to service status, and what is happening if that service has failed, for whatever reason.

I posted in the other thread but will do the same here. Mine was working fine Friday morning (5th Sept) but Friday evening was not, so it went down sometime between me turning it off late Friday morning and turning it back on late Friday evening.

It took me a long time to find a hi-fi system that did everything I wanted - CD, DAB, FM and internet radio. I've had to have stand-alone internet radios for years now because they just didn't make one all-in with what I needed. I was so happy to find the Sony one I have now, it's perfect. Now it's down I'm having to resort to using my PC to listen to the same streams (incidentally, the vTuner website streams are working I think?).

Now apart from this all being down, I'd like the restrictions taken off certain American radio stations because some of my favourites you can't listen to outside of the States unless you use a web browser to make the station's website think you're in the States! Definitely something you can't do with the Sony hi-fi!

wilsonmfw

Hi Tammie,

Seems like Vtuner provides a service to Sony who then pass it on. Can
understand frustration at having good equipment to give you a specific
service and then being let down. Personally I have some redundancy built
in as using an AV unit can have alternative inputs, in my case, a Cocktail
Audio X10 does the same job as SEN and Vtuner! Frustrating that did work
and now doesn't, makes you wonder why it takes do long for Sony AND Vtuner
to fix it!
wilsonmfw

Hi, I totally agree, Sony are the first port of call you contact as a user and/or subscriber,  not Sony's service providers! Find that with mist companies when you gave problems,  they won't give you a straight answer! 

Sent from Samsung Mobile
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

Well I've now had acknowledgement of the ticket I logged with Sony, where they asked for more info as to kit, versions, troubleshooting etc. I've returned all that info, along with the view that the problem may lie with the vTuner service. I have also reiterated that it is really up to Sony to manage that through to resolution, whilst keeping customers informed. All it takes is a simple statement on their service availability pages.

And for what it's worth I've also contacted vTuner directly to report the problem. As soon as I receive any useful response I will share here :slight_smile:

As an addendum, as I've not tried this before, wondering if there was some regional issue going on - I just hooked up to the vTuner site via PC and it works just fine. This suggests it's not a regional issue, nor anything related to my network. What it does suggest to me is that the issue lies within the Sony/vTuner interface. Now whether that is some sort of back-end connection or a problem with the software the customer uses to manage the connection is something I think only Sony or vTuner can answer. As I have quite a few friends that make use of internet stations I think I'll do a poll to see if they are having problems and if so, what brand kit they are using.

jooost
Explorer

I have a CMT-G2BNiP and Vtuner also doesnt work either since last friday (The Netherlands). All other network services are working fine.  I hope there is a solution in the short term by Sony and/or Vtuner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wilsonmfw wrote:
Hi, I totally agree, Sony are the first port of call you contact as a user and/or subscriber,  not Sony's service providers! Find that with mist companies when you gave problems,  they won't give you a straight answer! 

You are quite correct.  If in doubt - log an issue with Sony Support or ask on these forums and someone should be at least be able to point you in the right direction or escalate it to the right area :slight_smile:

AlexIv1972
Explorer

After installation of update s9327.1092.0 my Sony AV-receiver STR DN-1040 stopped connecting to VTuner. First there was a message "Cannot connect", after some days "Not available". I contacted Sony service centre, they advised to switch to Google DNS, but it did not help. Also I tried to change Firewall settings, but no positive result. I bought this expensive receiver mostly because of VTuner. And now it does not work. I will contact Sony service again.

wilsonmfw

Apparently a problem with Vtuner which Sony 'host' and pass on to the user through their portal. However,  having said that,  Sony should be more up front with the user and not leave them 'speechless'!

Sent from Samsung Mobile