Join now - be part of our community!

vtuner setup for MX750Ni

profile.country.en_GB.title
harkers
Visitor

vtuner setup for MX750Ni

Hi. I have just set up my new MX750Ni on my network and can stream music from my Twonky NAS. However, when I try to use the Music Services option I select VTuner but receive a "Cannot Connect" message. Also the manual tells me to scroll down on the Music Services menu to see the registration code but this does not show as an option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Harkers

38 REPLIES 38
grjohns24
Visitor

I'm now on my 2nd  MX750Ni after the first one refused to connect to Music Services and V Tuner.  The replacement conected first time, but what a let down V Tuner is mainly because there is no access to any Listen Again material from the BBC etc.

This was one of the crucial factors in me buying this item.  After speaking to Technical support they advised me to try and 'manually tune' the station!

Gave up on that idea, however it seems that there are different levels of access to V Tuner and it looks like Sony have pitched in at a level which denies us access to Listen Again services and podcasts etc.  After contacting Reevo Technical Help (which also uses V Tuner portal) regarding an issue on my other internet radio this all came to light.

So come on Sony we've all bought a fairly high priced piece of kit, which is only running on 3 cylinders at the moment.  Sort it out please!

profile.country.nl_NL.title
JebMan
Visitor

I did contact the national Sony distributor. They are familiair with the issue and it is work in progress. Several weeks later the same guy from the servicedesk gave me some weeks ago a call that they are still waiting for a solution.

So what we already figured out, there is nothing wrong with our radios or our settings but Sony isn't delivering the (music)service we've bought.

@thalamus it is not the consumers who need assistance but Sony, btw are you an employe from Sony or paid by Sony?

profile.country.en_IE.title
Macker1974
Visitor

Hi, I just bought an MX750Ni on Wednesday and it set up perfectly fine.  All you need is the SSID code and password key off your modem.  Once it connects with correct codes the first time it will always connect (once your wi-fi is on).  If that is not working it must be a fault.  Hope you get going.  Happy New Year.

profile.country.en_IE.title
patriick123
New

hi harkers just wondering did you ever solve you question about manually tuning on your mx750ni

misslisz
Visitor

Hi,

I've just come across this posting looking for help with another issue related to this system - seems it's not as good in reality as it looks in the spec..! My issue is with the radio. I initally had it tuned into BBC6Music on DAB and it was working fine but when I tried to tune in another radio station it couldn't register it - even though I can get the same station on another DAB radio in the same room!! I went back to the original station (and also tried other BBC stations) which worked but were very crackly. Now they've just all stopped altogether and when I try to autoscan them, it doesn't respond at all!

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can offer any help?

Thanks!

PS I've just tried the vtuner and it works...for now... Hope those having problems are managing to sort them.

benbtych
Explorer

Hi,

I've had the exact same issue here with a band new CMT-G2BNIP.

The tuner could see the entries "Presets" and "vTuner", but then when trying to select either, got the message "cannot connect".

After spending a whole weekend trying to figure out what went wrong, I logged into my DSL Router and changed the DNS servers (had OpenDNS on) and reverted to my ISP's defaults.

And.... My expensive internet radio goes again :nauseated_face:

I filled a report to OpenDNS earlier today.

Hope this can help anyone facing the same annoyance

Cheers,

Ben

Tags (1)
wilsonmfw

Hi, I had Vtuner access up and till a software update last Saturday 8th September. Since update no access. Sony told me to do a reset on my STR - DN1040 but all that achieved was to lose all my presets! Still no Vtuner service and Sony are rather lacking in their ability to address the problem or even at owning up to the fact there is one! When I sent them an email initially was told server maintenance, please try again in 24 hours! Service status message on site stated no scheduled maintenance. Bit of a law unto themselves Sony!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you all know, I have reported the issues to Sony in the hopes that they can shed some light into whats going on. 

Another thread has started, and I hope to use it as a master thread - as its effecting multiple devices (and too many threads just do my head in).  Any information that I receive, ill post it below:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/hi-fi-systems/vtuner-not-working/td-p/1755913

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Me too! I get "Not Available"  Sony help (in Egypt!) do not appear to be able to advise a solution.  My IP says all is well at their end.  What is going on?

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Hi I have tried the support twice and have received email - recommending reset, and a further email saying that Sony are "Looking into it"